Kill Streaks

Building a “fast” build in LE does requrie some heavy investments and does not necessarily makes your build stronger.

Espeically with the new empowered MoF, having a very strong but steady build capable of doing high echoes is probably better for farming gear.

Of course blessings and boss specific unqiues are more easily/fast farmable if you have a “fast” build.

I don’t think this is how arena works.

That is simply not true. It’s temporary and runs out eventually, if you don’t kill stuff in short successions.
That is the apex of making artifically fast paced gameplay.
Which is fine for certain games/genres/game modes.

It does literally does not make gameplay more diverse, it just artifically speeds it up without changing it.

Yes i know and i am pretty sure i commented on various different threads voicing my opinion.
And there are alot of great suggestions out there i totally support.

In fact i personally just made 3 big thread suggesting stuff for the MoF System, because i don’t find it to be perfect.

Anyway, im heading out at this point, since i don’t want to drive your thread into the ground.
I already voiced my opinion on your specific OP suggestion.

Feel free to leave comments on my other threads.

Personally I’m not against killstreaks. Things like this could spice up combat. And if the timer is not too short it’s also not that bad.

Could be cool with unique effects. May be there could mastery specific killstreaks. Like Voidknight could get a purple void cloud aura that has a chance of 5% per second that enemies that are within the aura get mad and attack a random target.

Beastmaster could get a buff that every 4th hit he breaks the bones of his enemies, slowing them and reducing attack speed.

There could also be a specific modifier like “enables killstreaks”, so the player could choose if he wanna use it or not.

The killstreak could be a kind of experience bar, that charges while killing enemies. When reaching a certain threshold you get the killstreak buff. Maybe add 3 tiers of that buff, increasing the effect or granting additional effects.

Chaosbane has a similar mechanic, where enemies leave kind of power ups on the ground that you can fill a bar with. Upon activation you get a short time super ability.

Wolcen also has that kind of ultimate.

These killstreak or ultimate powers could also just be modifiers of the monolith. So after choosing an echo you get the opportunity to roll 3 killstreak mods you can choose from for a gold price. Maybe also add drawbacks like “if you die, the timeline is reset to 0”

I’m all in for modifiers to the actual monolith. It’s not because I think the current mono is boring or tedious. Just playing the game as it is right now is a lot of fun. But theres just so much really cool stuff you can add to the mono to make it more interesting.

Personally I cannot stand any game with kill streaks / combo streaks that require you to get a kill or hit within so much time of the last one. It absolutely ruins the fun of a game for me. Now if you wanted something that didnt drop off from a monolith until the boss is killed then that is okay. maybe you get a buff at 50 kills, 100 kills, and 200 kills so that you can take on the boss with those buffs or just rush there and take it on without them, BUT PLEASE OH PLEASE don’t add time gated streaks.
Edit: I could see this being an interesting monolith modifier too

-1 for Kill Streaks on Last Epoch.

EDIT: Only things i could imagine Kill Streaks on Last Epoch being any good is for “non combat stuff” like increased magic find, increased gold find etc… but only on low amouts of them.

Your thought here is exactly what was on my mind when I was reading this thread. Glad I’m not the only one concerned about this issue with kill streaks.

That being said, I don’t think kill streaks should be automatically dismissed because of this one concern. There’s probably a way to have them and make it still work for the majority, I just don’t have the idea to for that.

Don’t shined in a way are similar to this idea?

i am against killstreaks as others have mentioned it pushes the game in one direction.

BUT i am agreeable to on kill buffs. such as 20 second buffs (which should be long enough for most builds) which do not stack.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.