Keychain and making dungeons less punishing

I know people who stopped doing dungeons completely because they were pissed at having to start from the beginning after dying from the boss. As it is your plan to use dungeons as a way to add new content in next cycles, it would leave these people with a barren endgame to interact with.

What I suggest is making dungeons less punishing by letting the player respawn at the section they were at for a cost in keys proportional to the dungeon level. To enable this on the respawn menu, I would remove keys from standard loot and add them to a keychain, where collecting keys and putting them on the keychain would be similar to what we do with shards. It would both make dungeons less punishing, give players a key sink and make it easier to use dungeons as an alternative to the campaign to level up alt characters.

1 Like

I agree that changes must be done to dungeons. It’s boring and frustrating, and that’s because they are wayyyyy too long, the doors are always at the other end of the map.

Yoo lose so much time to find doors, and then at the boss you get OS in a second from a bad hitbox. It’s not worth to have just one life for so much time spend, very very bad idea !
I’m especially talking about Lightless Arbor, the pile of woods on each side have terrible hitbox.

1 Like

Sadly dungeons are boring compared to Monoliths. The uniques from the Lightless Arbor Dungeon are great but farming those is a nightmare.

The way to the boss is too long. Running it with a marksman on 120 % movement speed with shift is quite fast but sadly doesn’t help when the hitboxes are awful.

On the opposite, every ward build doesn’t care about getting hit by a boss but moving with around 30 to 50 % movement speed feels like being old but then the boss fight in phase two drains the fun out of the game.

To the boss fight itself Phase 1 and Phase 2: The boss fight needs some screen clarity. Paired with the dark surroundings it is annoying. The boss rotation also feels kind of off. The mountain casts several skills at the same time: rock fall, rock fall with summon, shockwave, and the root wall. If the first kindling gets burned at the same time those three roots appear. There were tries I had in Tier 4 where I didn’t have time to escape. I am used to playing bosses with complex mechanics like the Maven in Path of Exile but this boss is something special. Even if I try to be as fast as possible with the two kindlings he keeps on casting skills but is already “dying” in phase 1.

Overall it is no fun to farm this or the soul fire bastion dungeon at all. I really enjoy the temporal sanctum dungeon because I am a rogue, swifting and doing a lot of damage. But getting crushed by imbalanced bosses or getting oneshotted out of screen by the Golems or Searing Flesh guys is pain the butt.

Hopefully you will look into the dungeons. I would be really glad.

1 Like

Agree. change has to be done to dungeons, they need to lower damage by a lot, and make us be able to respawn. temporal sanctum is fine, but lightless arbor is a nightmare to run, i just cant finish it on t4 its ridiculous

You’re not supposed to hit them. You use the Amber, the dungeon ability. You can send it off into the pile of wood to set it alight. Just park the amber and focus on staying alive. Once one side is burning recall it and send it to the other side.

The dungeons thing came up today in the dev livestream. There was an obstacle to players being able to respawn at the dungeon entrance after a death, but that appears to have been sorted out, and that should be changed in game eventually.

You’ll still need another key to get back in though.

The dungeons themselves don’t bother me. I ignore most of it and just run to the doors since, even on tier 4, they don’t pose a risk to me.

The boss, however, is absurd. When you take the multiple 1 shot mechanics and combine it with having to start over from the beginning, burning a key in the process, simply because you had a single toe misplaced is ridiculous. (I’m being literal about the toe)

I get that on tier 4 they should be difficult, but the frustration vs reward aspect is completely unbalanced. I too have a friend that refuses to run them.

Please take a look at the final boss engagements at tier 4, keeping in mind the 1 shot mechanics along with the restarting from the beginning rule.

I don’t mind having to restart the boss from full health. That’s not a horrible punishment for having a toe misplaced. Or maybe make the 1 shots kills more like a 1 shot almost kill, forcing us to consume potions. Anything other than the current setup would help.