Just recognition for your amazing work

So while there are no concrete suggestions to help improve the game, I just wanted to take a few minutes to recognize the truly awesome work that you guys have done. I’m 30, and I’ve seen what I consider to be the decline of gaming first hand. Sure, games look a lot better and have way more features than 20 years ago, but largely for economic reasons variety and creativity are all but dead. I could go on about that alone at length, but that’s not why we’re here.

When I play last epoch, or read the patch notes, I feel like I’m playing a game that’s being built by actual gamers. I rarely see a content patch released where I’m like “Wow, this solves a problem I didn’t even realize I had!” or “Wow, that’s a really cool / creative take on a classic system” EDIT:In other games. I see that all the time here. An example of the latter would be how we level skills up, or another example is your take on dual wielding. These things all make a lot of sense, add a lot of flavor to the game and are implemented (like limiting off hand weapon types) very intelligently to allow for fun and, again, creative options in the future.

You’re taking risks by being different, but you’re also competent and passionate enough about the genre and about this game to be different in really great ways that are both fun and interesting for us, and sustainable / tweakable enough for you to work out kinks / potentially add new items or features around them in the long run. It takes a lot of skill to pull something like that off and I’ve been truly impressed by the work you’ve done.

The amount of polish you’ve been adding has also blown me away. There are entire sections of the game that have been redone which were honestly pretty good in the first place. You could have released the game with those sections as they were and they wouldn’t have been a point of criticism at all, but now they’re not just good, they’re freaking awesome! Like the fight with the Elder in Act 1, or with his disciples (I started uni recently and havent played much since, you’ll have to excuse my blank on the names) - when I first played that I was super excited because it was just so much more engaging imo than what it replaced, even though what it replaced was pretty good.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a little time to highlight truly inspired and competent game design by people who I’d put my hand to a fire love video games, from the least experienced dev to the top of the chain at Eleventh Hour Games. I look forward to seeing the full release, and every bit of me hopes that Eleventh Hour Games will be a new icon in the industry in the years to come. You know, guys… We’ve all been looking for a new Blizzard Entertainment for years now… Raising Eyebrows

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.