June Development Update: The road to 0.9.0

It’s a lot easier to “pander” to them when that’s where you’re based & you want to have a single downtime/server restart at a time when your employees are awake. I agree that it would be good if the server downtime were scheduled at locally appropriate times. One the one hand that might be easier for EHG to do given the distributed nature of their employees, but on the other hand it doesn’t matter where the art/sound/animation/design/etc guys are located since they won’t have anything to do with it.

And googling the relative market sizes, the US ($95b) is much larger than the EU ($27b in 2020), though they could be using different classifications.

I fully understand the market size and convenience based on their location/active employee hours. But hitting the same group of people over and over again feels really bad.

Even working with a limited timeframe, it’d be nice to rotate it a little. Two hours earlier or later would make a big difference in terms of not hitting prime time.

Can you guys release longer multiplayer clips?

1 Like

Still true, MP changes nothing to the game core and content. Im waiting for them to get this mp thing over with, for new contents and mechanics.

Looking forward to the performance updates, maybe I’ll finely be able to play on my potato.

1 Like

But you already can play games on a potato. I guess it works for LE, too.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to try it! Good job guys! I wish you all the best. This game deserves to be a huge success.

MP party play will draw only a small part ,like any mainly solo H&S, but i think shifting the game towards authorized online services will lay the first steps in regards of leagues:

Leaderboards that matter now. No more more cheating of local save files.

How is trading going to work in multiplayer? I am very much hoping you make the loot in the game self found. We can still play with friends but do not have to trade and play economy simulator to get loot. I like how the game is now for finding items/crafting. I am worried that when you change to multiplayer you will balance drops around trading (nerf droprates).

Welcome to the forum…

Based on previous posts & discord replies, the devs have expressed that the things you are worried about are exactly what they dont want to happen in LE… the devs are of the view that trading will be entirely optional and not impact on balance/droprates in any meaningful way…

What trade will be available is unfortunately still unknown… The devs are not yet ready to provide this information at the moment.

2 Likes

We don’t know any details of trading and the economy yet.

However the devs ahve said, that going out and killing monster should always be the best way to acquire loot.
And playing the “economy game” will be not something they want to support all too much.

1 Like

After the beta, would our progress be wiped?

No, you will still have access to your current offline chars and progression (if you continue to play offline). But once MP goes live, we all start fresh in online mode.

Thank you for the info! We can keep our progress from beta to full game release, right?

I think so, i dont know if there is any further information what EHG will do on 1.0 release. But i guess we keep our online progress. And once seasons (cycles) kick in, its pretty much the same procedure as in PoE for example where you can play Standard (with all your current progress) or Seasons (starting fresh with new economy).

2 Likes

Hey guys ! Thanks for the amazing work, my friends and I can’t wait to gather and play this game together.

Also, is there anything done for player to share items ? I know a trading interface is a lot of work and it is not the focus point right now. But will it be possible to drop item on the floor for someone else to pick it up for exemple ?

Devs are not ready to tell us what they have decided for trading yet - all we know is that there will be some sort of trading and that the old trading ideas suggested by the devs are no longer confirmed. Huge topic with lots of opinions & emotions so its best to just wait for them to let us know how its going to work.

That’s a very wise approach.
I’m still anticipating to moment one of my mate is going to pick up my BIS unique item with no way possible to give it to me.
I just hope something will be up at the time.
If not, things might just get a bit frustrating :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’ve been playing multiplayer internally without the ability to trade at all for a while now and we are keenly aware of this feeling. It’s a bit of a joke now where someone calls out that they need to find something and someone will always pipe up that they have one if you can implement trade real quick.

5 Likes

Lol, “just toss that feature together real quick, I’ve got a cool unique for you.”

What a troll move haha.

As someone who probably won’t be 100% online and will be super into the offline mode of this, will it;

1. Include Cycle updates and whatever challenges are available, but for offline only as well as the online counterpart? So you can lock your stashes between cycles for single player, etc etc?

2. Any chance we can get some of these performance optimization fixes before 0.9? I assume not, but as someone way more interested in letting my mid-tier gpu have an easier time running LE, those optimization updates sounds really enticing right about now.

I assume the answer to the latter is that it will come with 0.9, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to at least voice my opinion and ask.

Regardless, these updates look sweet and that twitchy hand void dude is legit freaky and unsettling, so you all did a great job with that. lol