June Development Update: The road to 0.9.0

Me likey free fps cookies… yum yum…

3 Likes

Blockquote
In addition to these improvements, combat feel can be impacted by not only “how” you fight, but “what” you fight.
Blockquote

This is correct! And if I may expand on it: combat feel can be impacted by not only “how” you fight, but “WHERE” you fight “what”.

It is important that monsters don’t fell out of place and that they have a reason to be there, because it breaks immersion otherwise. I really struggle with cave bears for example. They don’t feel right.

Excited for multiplayer and curious for your plans regarding trading.

Nice…it’s mean that during all summer(minimum) we can forget about to play in Last Epoch before this update…hurey! :C

awesome! Can’t wait to try out Multiplayer with my friends :slight_smile:

So how are we going to join the multiplayer alpha for testing?

There will be another post in the near future which will have information on how to apply for Alpha testing.

7 Likes

This is all super awesome.

But the thing I’ve been waiting the most for news on is the remaining unimplemented classes. Do you have anything you can share about them?

2 Likes

No, they will be released by 1.0 at the latest.

6 Likes

Amazing update, not only for the MP but the combat feel, optimisation, new enemies and Manny glow up.

That Void Cleave through the Void Penance is just chef’s kiss

Looks great. For combat feel a small amount of screen shake on certain player abilities goes a long way to make combat feel more impactful. In addition I think combat text could be improved a lot. A more modern font combined with more impactful text animations (see how D3 does it) adds a lot there as well. Loving the new mobs though.

Thanks Mike!

Does the Multiplayer update mean, that all existing characters will be deleted?

i think the voidfused earth looked quite cool. i’m excited to see what other monster upgrades happen !

No, they will remain offline saves.

1 Like

Really smart idea to polish the multiplayer experience first before 1.0. This is why I love EHG compared to other dev studios. Also, those new models and enemies look absolutely sick!

2 Likes

While I am not one for MP I know it’s very popular. Excited for 1.0 as making combat feel better is definitely something I’ve been waiting for.

1 Like

I realise this only concerns the alpha, but I was wondering if there was a plan for handling future (server) updates/downtime.

The main reason I ask is that I recently played D2R and their server downtime is done at the same time globally. Which has the rather annoying side-effect of the EU region being down between 20:00 and 22:00, which is not ideal for most people.

3 Likes

Yes, that is the most annoying thing, even though europe has more players compared to the US, yet developers continue to pander to the vast minority in this regard.

It’s a lot easier to “pander” to them when that’s where you’re based & you want to have a single downtime/server restart at a time when your employees are awake. I agree that it would be good if the server downtime were scheduled at locally appropriate times. One the one hand that might be easier for EHG to do given the distributed nature of their employees, but on the other hand it doesn’t matter where the art/sound/animation/design/etc guys are located since they won’t have anything to do with it.

And googling the relative market sizes, the US ($95b) is much larger than the EU ($27b in 2020), though they could be using different classifications.

I fully understand the market size and convenience based on their location/active employee hours. But hitting the same group of people over and over again feels really bad.

Even working with a limited timeframe, it’d be nice to rotate it a little. Two hours earlier or later would make a big difference in terms of not hitting prime time.