Javelin - New Sentinel Skill Coming in Sands of Majasa Update(0.8.3)

Me too, it would look SO COOL

you are killing it guys. damn, I’m so happy right now LUL.

This seems cool. But I just can’t get around the idea of sentinel using javelin when that skill fantasy is closely linked to a class that’s nonexistent in LE in my mind… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

so in other words… I can get at least+32 throwing damage from a Sovnya with t5 added melee phys and t5 added fire phys

Concidering that there are a lot of nodes that increase cost for damage per cast and that means you may end up stacking throwing damage as high as possible(while ignoreing throw speed as you would be unable to spam it if you max out damage per cast) Man that is going to hit hard

Also calling it now:Siege barrage+Divine fury to land 3 Javelins that all split into aoe.

There are soon Hammers as well :smiley: at least to the latest weapon announcement ^^.

Wow, for the new patch I wanted to level a Void Knight with Multistrike… but now that I’ve seen THIS!
I do love it! Javelin looks really awesome! I’ll have a deep look at the tree, but maybe time for a new Forge Guard? Someone who can combine the power of two-handed weapons with the power of throwing attacks!

I assume that’s the Electrify ailment.

Yeah u are right, ita the best looking ailment to me so far it gives that feeling of connectivity between skill hitting the monsters not like on other ailments

I am sensing/speculating some new lightning spec possibility in the passive tree, maybe pally’s? :smiley:

1 Like

Wow I love this skill so much ! Thanks a LOT. And that electrify visual effect on monsters is awesome. Siege Barrage is also so nice looking hope it is stronk as well :smiley:

Could use some help on damage scaling with some concrete examples. Suppose I equip a polearm.

• Sentinel has a passive called Overwhelm, at 5 points it gives + 5 melee physical damage → this would be + 1 to throwing attack damage now to Javelin? Unless I convert Javelin to lightning damage? [Basically in a javelin build this would be a terrible choice?]

• Generally how the heck does Forge Guard Flesh Forge passive interact with Javelin? There is a Melee Component and a Throwing Component, a Fire and a Physical component. Does the Javelin borrow from both (with a polearm equipped)?

• With Divine Throws, any throwing damage including Fire and Physical throwing damage get added together and converted to lightning which then benefits from increased lightning damage % on gear?

Yes that +5 melee phys would give +1 phys damage to Javelin which would then be converted to lightning if you take the conversion node.

The throwing damage part of Fresh from the Forge would be added to Javelin at the normal rate, the melee components would be added at 20% for the throw that consumes the buff.

Yes.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I remember reading that conversions don’t take advantage of double-dipping. If I want to go lightning javelin, any % increases to anything other than Lightning become useless?

Correct, conversion happens before % modifiers are added.

You tell me 20% of added melee is calculated in as long as you use a pole? Afaik they said 20% of weapon dmg when using a pole aka 20,25 at all times with a soya… erm… the highest dmg pole there is. Is added damage always calculated on top of weapon dmg O.o?

Ah the node says it okay all good ^^.

https://imgur.com/jz0mkn0
All we have to go on is the wording on the skill. Added melee damage is all melee damage that’s not the base skill damage regardless of the source.

Weapon damage is added melee damage. The only non-added melee damage is the base damage of a melee skill (usually 2 but sometimes higher such as with Mana Strike where it’s 15). The game makes no distinction between the melee damage from a weapon implicit & from a weapon prefix:
https://imgur.com/GBSmaRJ

1 Like

Looks actually quite awesome. Now I don’t know whether to level a melee or ranged Sentinel :thinking:

I wonder whether Electrify will replace Shock or is an additional/alternative lightning ailment.

Time to give up on Shurikens. Sentinel life, here I come.

It’s an additional lightning ailment and will only be present on holy lightning themed skills and conversions, while regular lightning themed skills will still just utilise shock.

3 Likes

Wonder what the mathematic best prefix will end up being as leveling up for prefixes on the weapon – two added melee damage rolls, or one melee damage roll and one lightning roll? Will it even be close at the endgame?