Jabbafunk's 0.8.4 PURE LIGHTNING BLAST - Sorcery Supremacy

Would be happy if you can add a video of a sequence of echoes at 300+ corruption. If th build promises to have a super fast clear speed I would really like to see this as well and not only dummy or boss dps.

Eventually maybe, personally I’m just grinding for some break out gear. Unfriendly who’s also a pure lightning blast player with similar build like mine (albeit very different gearing, minus the Twisted Heart) is at 700+ corruption and while I really hate using someone else’s build to prove my point, it’s definitely very useful.

I’ll look to post a run or maybe someone like @Syrmah can do it.

LE Noob/Newbie here, and i have some questions regarding the build:

1. Whats the point of Afterglow if we never use skills that cost enough mana, and even if we did, 10% dmg doesnt seem that worth?
  2. I am < lvl 80, so is there any Passive i need to take over others, or some that are more of a luxury?
  3. Since Stormtide is not in the planner, is it worth going for it early, or would it be better to have boots with better defensive stats? Same thing for the rings, because it seems to be kinda difficult to have good defensive stats with both ring slots and boots blocked by unique/set items

Stormtide isnt on the planner because it’s currently using my planner, which is the endgame gear.

As the guide mentions, it’s only worth it at above 2LP, and if it is at 2LP, it needs to retain stats that are important to it.

Currently this build actually does 300 mana without both Empowered Lagon’s Grand Blessing (mana) or Orian’s Eye, which means that you can obtain % chance to shred lightning resistance from Lagon instead.

It can be difficult yes, but your best bet is to craft really decent belt and boots for hp. You can choose to craft one ring with some defensive stats. The rest of the resistances should be obtained through blessings.

Just got updated again, fairly big changes.

1 Like

Here’s my attemt from a few weeks ago, now updated with a better gear: Pondering The Orb | Cold Fractured Crown Build | 0.8.4 - #9 by aersdri

That’s really cool actually. Kudos to you.

I personally hate how janky that build looks, but that’s really irrelevant.

1 Like

Haha, thanks! =)

Your build was actually an inspiration for LB as a self-buff mechanic. I had damage oriented nodes for LB prior that, and then after looking at your build I figured that LB without serious gear investment won’t do as much damage as Ice Barrage nor Static Orb. And Closed Circuit would have buffed them by ~40%, which is HUGE.

It indeed looks like “it shouldn’t work but it somehow does”. And it’s actually somewhat complex mechanically, since you have to keep an eye on mana, position yourself properly, count LB casts, maintain a proper order of casts etc.

Closed Circuit is 15% increased damage & 40% increased crit chance, both of which get added in to all your other increased modifiers. I’ve never tried it so I don’t know if it stacks which would make it more palatable. If it’s giving more modifiers then that’s a bug (either in the coding or the description).

LB is a spam skill, its not supposed to be a burst build. However I found a way now to basically really ramp up the damage by having armor shred, lightning pen, lightning res shred, and shock.

The result is insane. I’ve been able to crit 340k on dummy lately and thats about 14-15k dmg on T4 Julra. It’s obviously not as bursty as yours but I think in the realm of map clears, thats pretty crazy considering how easy the skill to manoeuvre.

1 Like

It does stack, but has a fixed duration. So you can stack only as much as your cast speed allows. For me it’s something +100-120 “increased”, which translates to ~14% “more” damage. But it also boosts my crit chance from 70 to 100 quite easily, and that’s where the main dmg boost comes.
The funny thing is that it triggers TWICE on Overcharge proc and 4 TIMES on Hypercharge – as it logically should. But Atomic Manipulation only triggers on direct cast (as per stated in the note). Which is a bit of a shame, really.

True that, but as it appears, it’s quite handy as a buff for a burst build too, which is essentially a build diversity. And build diversity is what we love Last Epoch for <3

1 Like

With the changes made to Static Orb, it now costs 61 mana, so after casting it grants more damage than just having all points in say Brainstorm

Why did you go away from the “Static Ground” Orb and invested in Orbitals? This seems to change the play style heavily…
I mean, I still have absolute average trash gear and still need 20 levels, so I guess i dont really need to change anything now, just farm a bit… still using the static ground/ Fusionblast variant and probably stick to it for now, but still wondering why these changes were made. Btw i m an absolute LE newbie, dont judge too hard :smiley:
Also, when will the Passives be somewhat “final”? i tried to use the ones you put together yesterday, and dont want to change it up that often xd

We didn’t, static ground is correct, we don’t us orbits at the moment, that may be an old version I think we updated it.

But yeah the fusionblast charged ground is correct. I don’t expect the passive too change from now, Only edits I make are to mana nodes but that’s preference for me as I try to stay as low above 300 mana as I can.

oh i see, strange, because yesterday it updated to the said version, but today its back to orbitals…
What i get from this is, passive points arent that mandatory to go 1:1 with the guide, and i still need many points as mentioned. Ill stick on to what i have atm then, thanks for the quick reply :smiley:

Sorry about that, I’ll have to get that looked at. In terms of passive points, the ones that are more fluid are mana based ones. As long as you’re above 300 mana you’re all good. So if put points in Wisdom, or Mana Shell or Scholar, whatever you need those can change depending on your mana value.

Atm I’ve got away with basically no points in mana passives now and have got more damage from the passives, but as I say that’s preference. The rest of the points, yeah stick to those :slight_smile:

i mean, my gear is really trashy right now, i dont even have an idol with 300 mana, and no helmet with even +1 to LB :DD but thanks for the advices, ill keep that in mind for when it becomes important! :smiley:

This has been fixed, thank you for letting me know.

Added basic guide, leveling guide and monolith progression guide.

Hey, thank you for the build guide. I’m getting back into playing after close to a year of a break and while I used to be really good at making loot filters to the point of rejecting anything I didn’t personally make, I remember nothing…I hate to be that guy, but would you mind linking your filter or any version of the lighting sorc, I’m trying to catch up to the changes and while I enjoy freestyle it bugs me too much to go loot filter naked

edit: I don’t care too much about early campaign stuff but do you plan on sharing your passives allocation, I feel like a beggar

P.S. Hail Orobyss