Item tooltips are erratic with mouse cursor

In inventory and crafting menu, random tooltip often pop up or tooltip of item under cursor is not showing up.

Examples:
I open inventory, hover over equipped relic, but tooltip won’t show up.
I hover over equipped boots in my inventory and tooltip for (unequipped) item in my inventory is shown instead.
I want to upgrade affix in crafting window and tooltip for glyph shows up when I hit the button.

4 Likes

I noticed, while moving idols around, that sometimes some inventory cell bellow mouse cursor is highlighted with green outline - seems like there is some y offset for the purpose of tooltip display. Can’t reproduce it though.

I think it’s not the tooltips but how mouse is registered, I often click on items in the inventory and it opens monolith interface (which is in the click point behind the inventory window). It looks like mouse is not registered correctly with the interface layers and can effectively be in any of them.
Honestly this is the most annoying thing for me after servers are fixed, hopefully it can be fixed soon too.

Do you guys get this bug as well?:
When you ctrl+Shift+hover (i changed hotkeys btw) an item in inventory to compare with your equipped item while showing ranges; The ranges that it shows for your equipped item are actually those of your unequipped one. It’s kinda annoying cause it defeats the whole purpose.

I got the same bugs as OP as well. The game has only had these bugs since launch, I played for like 1.5-2 years before and never had these issues, but that was 90% offline. Might also be a multiplayer issue, something to do with lag, perhaps?

I have this bug too, and it’s very annoying. Makes inventory management and identifying items on the ground awful. Not sure what it is.

I am also experiencing this bug. Played through years of beta and never ran into this but in combat and in inventory on mouse over the tooltips wont show or will sometimes lag in showing.

2 Likes

I have the issue with some tooltips where its too long and it gets cut off by either the top or bottom of the screen. When hovering when the item is in bottom of inventory, i can only see like half the tooltip which sucks.

I can also attest to this.
It is quite prevalent.

Yeah this has been an issue for a long while (as long as I’ve played, over 2 years). It’s part of an overarching issue with elements going off screen. You may see more of this effect in passive tree (hover over node at far left), monolith timeline selection screen, and merchant guild buying page (I felt I couldn’t choose this faction cause important info got cut off). I can lower my resolution to fix, but then game looks like crap. I’ve told them about this prob in a bug report. I think I’ll do it again in a “various bugs” kind of post.

1 Like