Item screen flickering

Very often when i click ctrl + alt to see item details , item screen starts flickering.
When i move some distance its starts working normally.

2 Likes

Hope it’s okay to post this here:
Having the same issue, Mostly when comparing items. Today it happened as I simply moused over an item (See Video). Nothing I tried so far resolved the issue. To me it seems that the issue appears as soon as the “descirption text” is “too big” for my screen if that makes sense…
The flickering in the video is a lot slower than “unrecorded” though

exactly this behavior

Sorry about this! I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue yet but we’ll look into it.

@deadnegator I can’t view that video-- perhaps you copied the code for embedding the video, rather than the general link for sharing? “embed” codes are designed for when you’re creating your own website; the forum will automatically embed things if they’re supported.

I checked again and I did not copy the embed code. Video doesn’t work for me either though. I know for sure it worked when I posted it here. Here’s the link again, hope it keeps working this time:

1 Like

Worked for me & yes the flickering is annoying as fudge.

Yip… Same thing here… happens very often… irritating as hell but as it doesnt break anything I have learnt to live with it.

it happens i guess when item description on hover is attached to top border (maybe only happens in window mode.

I use full screen. but yes it could have something to do with screen edges… it happens every time with Boardmans unique like the one you are using… but does happen ad-hoc with a few others… Boardmans have quite long item comparisons… maybe the length of the item “tooltip” vs the screen edge is the issue…

To me, it looks as if there is both a “glue to top” and a “glue to bottom” functionality for the item detail window. They seem to be called alternately, and neither checks if the other was called before. Thus, the text “jumps up and down” - from a one pixel-flicker up to a 5+ lines-flicker.

Two suggestions for an extension of the current implementation:
a) If a window was glued just before, end the repositioning thread
b) Use the “shrink text functionality” of the Ctrl-Alt window in a way that either generates even smaller print if window_Y > draw area_Y, or have it increase the window width in that case.
(There should be no items with details filling the whole screen…)

You sound like a dev… :wink: but yes, it does seem like an auto window alignment code snippet could be screwing up. There are a few screen resolution related issues like this so I am sure that once they know about it, they will get to it…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.