Item Gifting Development Update from our Principal Game Designer

Oh wow, you’ve been gaming for 30 years? Amazing. I didn’t know people played games that long.

some minutes ago someone said he got 40-50 Exsangs while I got two in almost 1000 hours of playtime so let’s substract 100h for beeing afk or poking my nose or whatever. 900h 2 Exsang and those are called “not rare”.

If I take my experience with the “not rare” Exsang I don’t need to play LE because I’ll never get a rare item in the rest of my lifetime. That’s why I aks what people think is a reasonable timeframe to get rare items and as it seems to get an idea what rare items are :smiley: .

Now you do yw never stop to learn new stuff it’ll help you in your life.

1 Like

I’ve actually been gaming as long or longer. I can’t remember that far back :smiley:

Unique users in this thread (almost 700 replies): ~168.

Number of users that have replied more than 10 times: ~16.

(sneaky edit: Number of users with 40 or more replies: 3)

There have been like 2 unique users added to this thread in the last ~100 replies.

Nice.

No, they did drop 2 of them, Gates of Memoriam & Lost Memories?

He’s not the only one, I remember playing Wolf 3d & Civ 1 (on an Amstrad) at friends houses the original Elite back in the 80s & UFO (Xcom to you Americans).

1 Like

Nice. I remember those. I also played Cyber Empires (Steel Empires to you Europeans) back in those days. Hotseated that in my friend’s garage. I still miss that experience.

1 Like

My first video game was Pong. Not a simulator - the actual Pong console.
I’ve been playing video games for over 45 years if Pong counts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Distant memories of entering game code from a computer magazine in 1984 to run on an IBM PC Jr. . I just wanted an atari 5200 like my friend, but nooo my parents wanted something they could use to help them learn a little bit about computers for their jobs, also an Atari would not be able to run any college test study programs.

1 Like

Yeah, I have no idea why my dad bought a Tatung Einstein rather than a more “normal” computer (but it did have Elite on it, even if it was slow as #### & only had the unfilled vector graphics unlike some of the more fancy shmancy computers like a BBC) & I’m not sure if it was a step up from the Commodore Vic 20 that we had before.

But I ####ing loved Civ 1 & UFO. And Syndicate (on an Amiga A600 which preceded my parents getting me an ex-display model 486sx-25 pc with 2 meg of ram? Or maybe 4?).

1 Like

That’s why I said in the current state of the game LE needs trade , if they find another way to achieve the same that would be great, for me that way is getting rid of deterministic loot, I can live with that and have no trade at all.

Some people like me like to solo farm for items and crafting materials, trading them for sale or to get others that i need.

Some people don’t have alot of time to play like i do and don’t want to spend hours on hours farming for an item to craft on or just use outright, they would rather just purchase it and play the content they like to play.

A Bazaar system like what Everquest had was ok where you could search and go buy and get the item right then and there, but it required you to leave a character online for hours while you was away.

It’s been too long and i don’t want to remember what WOW had.

Guild wars 2 system is ok, you can search and go buy and get right now, you could go get your money when you was ready to or logged in. Nice system.

Path of Exile’s system of using a website to search vs in-game really sucked. They having to message someone and hope they were online and not busy to meet up and trade was the biggest problem to their system, most wouldn’t reply or were rude jerks, raising the price up after you messaged them.

But limiting a system to make people farm for hours on end will be a downfall of LE. People who don’t have alot of time to play or limited time to play will quit and move to another game.

Also, on weapons. it shows how fast it is and a few mods on it. they don’t what kind of damage it does like 10-14 physical damage etc… between the base types to pick from when you want to craft, just pick a base by the speed is backwards @#$'d. Crafting in LE is better than in POE. D2 only has runewords, gems or make it rare. Their are some things i have seen in the last 3 days about LE that i think are better than other games. Hope you guys really do what makes a Game Great vs What a few think is Great, Listen to the Community.

I’m not sure if you saw this update that went out today or not but I think it might appeal to you.

1 Like

First MP character, 1-2ish hours in at lvl 24 in Imperial Welryn (lvl 24 zone).

Just saying.

1 Like

Luck is something you have or not. I’ve got a lot of these explosive arrow daggers.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just thought it was hilarious.

Ah ah, that’s cute. :smile:

I just killed Elder Pannion, in Last Refuge. I am level 12 I think? So far I have found 5 uniques.
Not particularly interesting ones, but still, the drop rate is simply ridiculous.
I know about RNG, but I am having a very hard time believing drop rates haven’t been massively boosted for 0.9. None of my 20+ old characters had more than 2 uniques at this stage of the campaign, most of them simply had zero.

We need a new name for these items. Orange Commons maybe?
The really unique feeling is finishing a zone without finding one of them.

Edit: number 6 dropped just when I finished typing that. Sheltered Woods, haven’t reached the surface yet… :woman_facepalming:

I found the AoD offhand and now I try to tinker a AoD build. I bet this is going to hurt.

1 Like

This is one of the most brutal posts ive seen in a while

:rofl:

Fknrng i swear

1 Like

It was appropriate.

I got Salt the Wound before a single Fulgurite Shard on a new character in 50h of playing. Guess which item I was looking for and guess the rarity of the two items :smiley: . “I got X in 1-2 hours of playing” means nothing.