Item Filters and Open Affixes

I would love to be able to filter items differently depending on the number of open affixes they have and/or excluding affixes.

I’d like to color a base that has 3 desirable affixes and 1 bad affix differently than a base with 3 desirable affixes and an open affix. Currently I do not see a way to accomplish this.

I can create rules like:

1. Color blue if 6+ tiers split between at least 3 desirable affixes
2. Hide items with 4 affixes
3. Color red if 4+ tiers split between at least 3 desirable affixes

This allows me to know rule 3 would only run on 3 affix items. However, a 3 affix item that has 6+ tiers in desirable mods will get colored blue instead of red.

There are multiple ways this can be addressed, each of which I think would improve item filtering:

1. The ability to have more than one affix condition in a rule (all conditions would have to be met). This would let me create a rule like:

Color blue if (6+ tiers between at least 3 desirable affixes) and (at least 4 of any affixes)

This would also let players get specific with affix criteria like:

Color blue if (4+ tiers in 'cold damage') and (2+ tiers in 'life')

2. A new condition called ‘affix count’ (or perhaps an advanced option under the affix condition) that lets you filter on number of affixes used on an item. Preferably this would be a multi-select like the rarity dropdown so I could select ‘1’, ‘2’, or ‘4’ if I cared to.

3. The ability to change from “at least X of these affixes on the same item” to “at most X of these affixes.” This would allow me to specially treat items which do not contain affixes I consider ‘dead’, or to limit the number of defensive affixes on an item.

5 Likes

I came here to post a feedback like this, so glad to already see one open.

In some of the earlier discussions on allowing filtering for open affixes it was argued that it wasn’t necessary since items dropped identified (so, I guess, “why filter for open affixes when you can just put whatever fourth affix you want in your filter instead?”), but it seems to me that, depending on our tolerance for gambling with removal runes, the difference between these two groups of “items with 2 or 3 of these affixes at X tier” is actually really important and we should be able to filter on it!

1 Like

Would like to have a opened prefix/suffix/affix filter and also possibility to configure filter groups with AND to OR relation.
So for example there may be a filter for boots AND (movement speed OR opened prefix).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.