It happened once a month ago, now it's happening 33% of the time I start the game. No ability buttons function, just mouse for movement

Anyone else experience this? is it a known bug?

It happened once a month ago, now it’s happening 33% of the time I start the game. No ability buttons function, just mouse for movement. Quite annoying to run at the mobs and die at level 99.

OK and noticed now tha tit is randomly spamming my abilities. Everything with a cooldown is on perpetual cooldown visually (greyed out) even after cooldown ( I cna’t use abiltiy buttons. only right click works). However it is not my keyboard etc because I can use all those buttons to type in the chat… so…

(Not sure how this is a website bug… )

Have you attempted to verify your game files if using Steam?

You havent really provided much info on your setup… so if the above doesnt do anything then you will need to provide some more info…

Player.log (games debug log)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (game settings)
output of a dxdiag report or similar if you are using Linux. (snapshot of your hardware/OS/drivers)

Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

Thanks

DxDiag.txt (47.6 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (470 Bytes)
Player-prev.log (193.4 KB)

Ok…

The player.log is showing some potential issues with DirectX - it has to downgrade because of Windows 7 DirectX version but usually doesnt report failed messages so this might need a manual reinstall of DirectX just to be sure your DirectX installation is ok.

There are also lots of debug errors referring to NullReferenceException - this occassionally happens but not to the level your logs include it so there is definitely something not ok… This could indicate something wrong with the game install - hence the suggestion to verify the game files via Steam… its important you do this.

Looking at your dxdiag, I see that you are using Windows 7… is it patched to the latest possible Win7 patches?

Are the device drivers & device related apps also updated to the latest possible win7 compatible versions? You have some really old drivers etc being used and while Win7 is effectively out of service now, its always good to check if there are updates just in case.

I also see that you are using the GTX 980 with 3 monitors on 1080p… and its drivers are VERY OLD… from April 2018… this is far too old for GPU drivers and could very well be the cause of the intermittent issues you are having… I recommend a clean, safe mode driver installation (or use something like DDU if you dont know how to do this manually). This could also be involved in the DirectX downgrade messages in the player.log. Note: Do not do a normal driver upgrade install as this will not always replace problem files or remove older unused files properly.

Based on your hardware, I would also recommend lowering your in-game settings - Your GPU is barely faster than the recommended spec of a 1060 and the game is in beta and very unoptimised so it is very possible that it is struggling to handle things especially during the high demand when loading up and loading into new maps and this may be causing the odd occurances you are having. I would suggest considering Medium or lower settings - I personally run a 1060 and use very low settings at 1080p for best stability and performance - I can run higher, but performance & stability suffer.

Hard to say for sure if this is involved in any way, but another potential issue here - your C drive is running very low on available space… Windows hates running out of space on the boot drive and does some very strange things when this happens. While I see you have 32GB of RAM which should be more than enough for LE and anything else you are running, there could possibly be an issue with windows swap files/hibernation space etc… Its not a rule, but from experience I dont recommend that anyone run Windows with less available free space than their installed RAM.

The older Windows 7 Dxdiag doesnt include any diagnostic information so I would recommend you view your event viewer and see if there are any errors that refer to DirectX, GPU or anything like that that occur around the time of playing LE. they may be able to hint at what could be happening on your system when this problem occurs…