Is Werebear viable end game tank?

Does anyone know if there is a viable end game werebear tank build that can push high corruption?

yes, cold dot werebear

Is there a build somewhere?

You can search Google for Last Epoch Cold DoT Werebear and you will see it at the top.

1 Like

if corruption 100-200 is end game for you then yes, you may try this dumbster build

I am talking high corruption group play pushing past 200 corruption?

for sure can try

Afaik the balance discrepancy between builds is so enormous that itā€™s kinda hard to define the word ā€œviable.ā€ Is druid viable for endgame. Sure. Will it perform anywhere near top tier builds. Sure, if you multiply everything on it by 10.

FWIW, #15 on the current ladder is a werebear druid. Theyā€™re not as popular as some other classes, but theyā€™ve got game.

1 Like

1015 arena waves. I wonder how long that took. My druid werebear has good survivability. Fights arenā€™t really stressful but the DPS is so low it takes a looooooong time to kill bosses and tanky enemies. That guy seems to be mainly a summoner so the experience may be different compared to a melee focused build.

I like tanky, but low damage does oof a bitā€¦

yeah unfortunately, I started a new character in a different class. I think I was level 85 doing the level 90 regular monos, and the thought of doing empowered monos with the werebear seemed unrealistic, so I stopped.
I had envisioned a big, powerful bear charging through mobs, destroying everything in my way, but the reality was far from that. Literally swiping 10 times to kill the average mob. Maul with upheaval is good but even if you get the cooldown low it still has a big slow animation. If they can raise the starting damage of swipe by at least 5X then itā€™ll be fun. I was getting crits on almost every hit at about +300% dmg and it was still weak.

1 Like

Iā€™m playing lighting swipe werebear. I hit 300 corruption, and while I have to pay attention, I donā€™t have much problems clearing monos and bosses. I probably coudl push futher if I wnated too.

Damage IS low though, bosses take a lot of time to kill. Iā€™m trying to reroll to something else, but Iā€™m not sure how much can be done there.

Overall, Iā€™m a bit dissapointed in Werebear. I donā€™t mind trading damage for tankiness, in fact such brusier style builds are usually my favorite, but here I donā€™t feel like I have either.

Dual form druid (bear/spriggan) is very tanky indeed.

You can check out my Werebear Cold Maul build on youtube, pushed it past 500 corruption. Hope posting video links are ok but heres the link
It primarily focuses on tanking without ward.

Thereā€™s something wrong with that link

Oh, i had the link title and link reversed