My Account
× My Account Forum Buy Now

Last Epoch Forums

Is Thorns Viable

Asking since it’s not in poe. Also if it is what classes? Thanks.

Reflect damage is one of two things, flat or %. % reflect is based on the damage you take after mitigation so it’ll only ever be “viable” on minions (& it’s been nerfed a few times). Flat reflect is a special damage type that ignores all mob DR so it might be ok & if it is then it’s probably best on a Primalist using Spriggan Form to spam Thorn Shield ideally with the Hazelroot sceptre & Thornshell shield. But even then, there will be much better ways you could build a Spriggan & bosses are going to be a hard counter to you especially if they use DoTs (which don’t hit & therefore can’t trigger reflect damage). But for trash, sure.

Maybe something like this.

With as much flat & % hp, attunement, vit & any resists to cap them on the idols.

Spriggan Thorn Shield build is decent but it really needs a single-target attack that uses your reflect so you can do bosses better. Maybe a unique that modifies Spriggan’s Thorn Volley to have your reflect damage added.

I’ve made a pacifist FG using Rebuke. It was interesting as a theoretical exercise, but was definitely a slog and corrupted timelines were brutal. I’ll probably return to it on release because I like the challenge.