Is this gonna get fixed? unintended huge bug

its converting 40% instead of 4% does game breaking things gonna get fixed fast or they gonna let it slide until new cycle patch?

just an FYI the ward generation is most likely a bug and not a tech, as it appears to convert 40% of health to ward instead of 4% (each wall segment has 3k health base * 4.6 mult * 10 walls gives ~150k which should be 6k ward and not 60k)

Warning! Fun detected! Exterminate! Exterminate!

2 Likes

its a game breaking bug using unintended game mechanics yes it is fun that is why i am asking if this is gonna get fixed? i dont know their policy about bugs in this game in path of exile GGG does nothing for entire league and let it slide so i dont wanna upgrade my character use all my gold just so the next day they fix this bug and the build is destroyed

Nerfs mid season/league/cycle are very bad. Blizzard has learned it the hard way. The backlash was so bad their stock price went down after the nerf patch.
Last Epoch has already been dealt a huge blow on steam due to majority of players, especially those outside of US, could not play. I dont think they can afford another one by doing major changes/nerfs mid season.
Lastly, in their yesterday’s mid-cycle update, they said “they have many changes for 1.1 and future cycles” and “now we focus on stability”. Its pretty safe to assume that nerfs are not coming mid season. Game breaking bugs, exploits, duping, server strain, sure but those are not nerfs but fixes.
EDIT: also game breaking, for who? Group play when your playmate is suddenly more useful? Leaderboard? Pvp (yeah, right)? I dont see anyone using it for top pushing. Also you need to spec for this, on purpose. Just dont play it.

All callers for nerfs are players who don’t play the relevant class. Translation… “This class is better than mine - Kill it!!”

My game is running fine and isn’t broken by any bug abusers. I hope EHG has the balls needed to patch, balance and bugfix the game when needed and not when their playerbase thinks it’s fun. EHg said multiple times they don’t want powercreep and buffing other skills to that level of broken would be a very stupid thing to do.

I play Warlock and I think all major bugs should be fixed, even if mid-season (not using this ward-abuse tho). This game has one of the forgiving respec system and doesn’t really punish even if nerfed.

Bugs like this can ruin trade economy in the long run.

Imagine on of said warlocks who abuses that skillcombo is pushing for the leaderboard right now. Good luck achiving the same on other classes. There is a bit more to it and as soon as you involve leaderboards every buged or OP interactions needs to be gutted as soon as encountered from my point of view.
Outside of this it might help to start leaderbaords after the midseason patch and not from the getgo so the playing field is as even as it could be.

Yea, I can see that abusing leaderboard can ruin the leaderboards for others. But I see bigger problem being in the economy being ruined than leaderboard.

On other hand, they could completely wipe leaderboards since its “early season” after major bug fix OR check who has ward-abused their way to the highscores (if such tools / tracking exists for them so far)

There is clearly a difference between Tech and Bug. This is not a clever use of tech, it’s a bug getting x10 the ward that is intended.

Fun fact: The ward bar ingame only shows 65k ward. After that, the bar resets to 0 and starts filling again. There are warlocks or lichs with 2-3 times the bar full of ward (150k +) rocking Arena Wave 900+ and multiple thousand corruption monos

That should of course be fixed mid season. The tech would give you 15k ward instead of 150k which is perfectly fine and still a very good tech.

1 Like

Had me laughing, nice one lol