Is there any universe where melee void dmg and chance to chill on hit

are or can be synergetic? just got my first double t7 drop -_-

You could always do a void knight who chills on hit.

Like a warpath VK with a void cleave that chills as well.

Chill can be broadly useful as a layer of defense, it’s not exclusive to cold based builds.

1 Like

unfortunately exalted chill on hit is not particularly useful in general, because chill has a maximum limit on the number of stacks on the enemy, so reaching max stacks is usually not an issue for most builds.
That being said, the item is definitely not worse off for having an exalted chill on hit in addition to t7 melee void, think of it as icing on the cake.

1 Like

Yes unfortunatly only the first 30 stacks contribute to the odds of being frozen, beyond that its just damage as frostbite can stack infinitely. Its weird cause poison has a nat resist shred and scale forever. Seems weird frostbite is limited

that’s frostbite, OP’s item has chill on hit (which is limited to 3)

1 Like

Poison’s resist shred is also capped (at 30 stacks I think?).

OP, chill is a good defensive ailmet as it reduces the target’s movement, attack and cast speed & I think it stacks with itself?

1 Like

Oh that’s good news. I hope I didn’t shatter it out of anger assuming chill was exclusive to cold dmg buckets

Thanks didn’t know!

1 Like

The in-game game guide is a good start to stuff like this. It’s not perfect & is missing quite a bit.

The only ailment that is locked to a damage element is freeze.

Technically it’s not, because of Bone Curse :smiley: