Is the respec system intentionally so awful in order to drive community engagement?

No, it’s good that the skill returns to a “low level” state. The fact that you need to significantly relevel it helps with avoiding the feeling that your character is all builds at the same time, even if releveling it is quite fast.

Isn’t that friction mechanically identical to the skill-switching though?

People need to remember, need to do it and are reminded when they die? Plus switching back?
With the current way of switching skills I would say the same amount of bother comes up from the switching around actually.

Yeah, with the current setup of the game it doesn’t work, would warrant a change in how monoliths are set up. Going away from the ‘1 zone setup’ to maybe something similar then a dungeon… but that makes it all more bothersome and a higher time investment per attempt.
Not worth it to adjust in any way I would say.

I did say ALMOST. My idea would be that if a skill is at level 7 and you respec it, it goes down to level 6. So you still need to relevel it and at lower levels this will take more than 5 minutes.

The friction is the same, but the benefits from skill switching are higher, so they need more friction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.