Is the game too grindy or am I doing monoliths wrong?

Both a question and a bit of feedback.

I’m ‘just’ level 93 running empowered monoliths, currently trying to farm the blessings I need/want as well as get my corruption up, but I find that it’s becoming tedious:

I find that currently it takes me about an hour to get to 900 stability (depending on time spend on loot, a run takes me 2-5 min). In that time I feel lucky if I run into 1, on rare ocassion 2 shades. I suppose I haven’t been at it long, I didn’t keep track but believe I’ve 6 or so empowered runs, but… without a single useful reward (loot or blessing).

I got back to the game recently after a long break and the loot seems to be unimpressive (at an average of 100-150% rarity) compared to what I found early 2021. The shade drops nothing interesting either at my current corruption, and I’m not getting the blessings I need.

While having spent 5-6 hours might not seem like much, it does feel like it’s a long time to go without a single reward (other than 3 levels or so, which I don’t need as much), considering I also have a full time job…

Should my runs be faster? Should I aim for higher rarity percentages? something else?

If I’m not completely missing something here, I’d suggest that a mechanism could be added that makes sure if you had Blessing A, B, C and D in run 1 that in run 2 they either don’t show or have an increasingly significant percentage less chance of showing up until all other blessings have shown.

Hey there,

Just to be clear, what is your primary goal here? Better gear and blessings?

It sounds like you do shades as you encounter them. This is most certainly not the ideal strategy for your goals.

Some basics on how MoF and the Echo Webs works:
The further you are away from the starting point, the more timeline stability an echo grant, the more likely it is to encounter a shade of orobyss, the more Corruption a Shade will grant and the stronger the enemy modifers will be.

Shades and the regular Timeline Boss stand in direct competition to each other, every time you defeat a shade the echo web resets and you need to start from the starting point.
But if you keep your echo web devloped and do not try to defeat shade you can reach very far out in the echo web and get a multiple as much timeline stability.

Defeating shades will only give you long term benefits with increasing the corruption and there are several otehr strategies how to increase corruption efficiently as well.

I don’t know at what corruption you are already, but even when you want to increase corruption while simultanously kill the timeline boss you should still not defeat shade as soon as it spawns. Try to look out for shades as deep as possible. (I personally try to always have shades at least give +14 or +15 corruption)

At this stage of the game, I honestly don’t know.
I didn’t feel any difference with item rarity +300% or +1000%

At the beginning of the monolith with 300 corruption, I have 36-110 stability per echo.
At the edge of the monolith, 64-196.

I suppose if you are hunting for blessings, it makes sense to farm the outskirts of the monolith by running through the initial echoes quickly.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I was trying to combine focussing on blessings and increasing my corruption, better gear along the way would be nice, but isn’t my focus. If I had to pick one, I’d say I’d prefer to first get the blessings, then the corruption (for farming specific items).

The tip to proceed further out for higher corruption gains before resetting is indeed helpful. If I understand you correctly, you’d recommend focussing on either blessings or corruption but not both at once?

1 Like

Those amounts of stability would indeed speed up runs. I’m not sure though that’d be recommendable for me yet as I still got tons of empowered blessings to get, which would make a high corruption level a lot more manageable I recon.

What you can do is getting 200 corruption as soon as possible and then solely focusing on timelinestability/blessings.

At 200 Corruption you will get a 5th blessing choice.

If you wanna do the same process for multiple timeline I would also suggest focussing on one timeline and maybe bring it to 250 or 300 corruption if you build can handle that.

There is a corruption catchup mechanic, giving you bonus corruption in a timeline that is based on the difference of the current corruption and the highest corruption timeline you have.

With that you can get form 100 to 200 corruption with 2 or 3 shade kills easily.

Even if corruption is your mai ngoal, stil lgo as far outwards as possible and aim for shades that give a large amount of corruption.

1 Like

If you are already sure which blessings you need, collect them with any roll. After that, reach the desired monolith to 200 corruption, and expand the web in order to make it easier to farm the desired blessing roll.

For farming items, I would recommend the Temporary Sanctum Dungeon.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback and am going to try both your recommendations :slight_smile: I’m not sure 300 corruption is something I can handle yet, but 200 should certainly be doable with the right blessings.

This is intriguing. Could you elaborate on the details behind this choice?

All 3 dungeons have very good potential for target farming specific items.

Especially if the modifier at the entrance is something you are looking for.

E.g. if Sanctum or Lightless Arbor has “enemies have more chance to drop exalted [insert desired item type here]” and then clearing all mobs can be very good.

For slots, that don’t have their own category like Gloves, Belts or Boots Soulfire Bastion is the best by default already, but especially when the entrance door modifier is "Soul Gambler has +X Belts/Boots/Gloves etc.

4 Likes

Heavy is right

I can tell from my personal experience.
A monolith with an item rarity +1000% is very hard. At the same time, with ordinary Echoes, exalted items are still extremely rare. To catch an Echo with the right exalted reward is also not often enough (+ there is a chance not to get a reward).

In the dungeons (according to my feelings), the chance to get an exalted items is higher than in the echo described above, 3-5 times higher.

In addition, there is a chance to choose the type of reward in the dungeon, as described by Heavy. That is, you have a basic bonus + a choice of two options for the next location + a choice of two options for the boss (For Temporal Sanctum).

I don’t like Lightless harbor because of its basic mechanics. Increasing the difficulty of the dungeon due to the limitations of what the player sees, I don’t think it’s interesting.

Soulfire Bastion looks funny ) Personally, I’m not interested in its unique awards, I’ve been there a couple of times.

3 Likes
2 Likes

@Enuw

Between the two of you this is GREAT info. Very much appreciate it.

I’m farming a certain UNIQUE glove (the frost one - already done like 15 runs of that thing and it still hasn’t dropped.) so I’m assuming farming specific UNIQUES is still Monolith specific?

But these means I can stop hunting for other stuff because I can better farm the exalted stuff as you all have mentioned. Thank you for this!

1 Like

Unique items are still better to farm on certain monoliths )

1 Like

Im guessing you mean frostbite shackles? its only from formosus, so you legit just have to keep farming him.

it took me forever to get them as well :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s that one. Grrrrrrrrrr.

What is this build? Does it also have good single target dps?

As for me, it’s not the best single target. But I haven’t played enough other classes, it’s hard for me to compare.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.