Is possible to avoid Reign of dragons monolith?

I’m boosting paladin now and got stuck with completing Reign of dragons monolith. The boss is real strong, I can’t kill him. Is possible to avoid somehow this monolith, unlock others and unlock empowered difficulty? I don’t know where to farm a good gear which may help me to kill this boss.
I’m 83 lvl now.

Hi and welcome!
No, all lvl 90 timelines (Last Ruin, Age of Winter, Spirits of Fire) are only available after completing Reign of Dragons timeline.
If you want to play empowered monolith you need to complete all the lvl 90 timelines to unlock every monolith timeline to lvl 100.

Try to bring up your movement speed or add Shield Rush (if you use a shield) to your skillbar only for that fight if you have problems going out of the big aoe nova the dragon is casting. Most of the new players have problem with that particular attack which can one shot you. You will learn all the attacks after a while, and with a little bit more practice you should beat him.
That timeline already has area level 85, so you should get all the high tier weapon/armour drops.
Good Luck!

If you can link your build we might be able to make some suggestions, but apart from that, the boss is very mechanical and once you learn the mechanics it’s pretty easy. @heavy has a boss guide for it which may help.

“All” you need to do is whenever the boss rears up run straight away out of the big circle (the aoe is a bit larger than it appears so don’t get too close to the outer edge while you are waiting for it to explode), then run back in to avoid the second aoe.

There’s a second telegraph for the fire-breathing though I can’t remember what that is off the top of my head, just try not to stand directly in front of the boss.

The red blood pools around the edge of the Arena can’t kill you directly, they “only” do a % of current hp but they will make it easier for you to be killed by the boss or the adds (unless you’re a low life ward build).

Getting some Chill chance on your character helps as it slows down the boss’s channel giving you more time to escape.

Here. I have already understood that the boss doesn’t forgive mistakes. I will try him again with Shield rush instead of Lunge (thanks for tip), but it will be damn difficult, I guess. If you add more tips after viewing my build, I would be glad.

Gear looks decent to be honest!
Focus on capping your resistances, maybe add the melee leech node in void knight tree because i dont see a source of leech (havent look into skills) ? Capping endurance to 60% will help you later in empowered, also 100% crit avoidance.
But if you get one shotted by the dragons nova, only capping your resistances will help at that situation and maybe prevent death.
You will beat him though without changing your gear, its just practice.

1 Like

Quick glance at your build… There are some issues, but honestly, based on what you have, you should be able to “learn” your way through this fight… You have enough movement speed and with good timing you should be able to do it - its just a question of running in and out and doing as much damage as possible.

Otherwise things to fix at your level: Cap resistances, your crit avoidance is too low for higher levels - aim for 100%. A fast source of health is also probably lacking… Going forward, I think your build probably needs more focus - ie. what is doing the damage? Melee (Multistrike/Judgement) or Spell (Smite)… when you have made that decision you need to spec for it more appropriately - e.g. you have no Strength for melee boosts etc… This is all going to become more important as you progress into empowered levels…

1 Like

There is melee leech on one ring: Siphon of Anguish. 2.3% of melee damage leeched, it’s a rather good roll, even if I agree with you: the VK passive would help.

True. But vapour had a good point. Whats the builds focus? Melee multistrike or spell smite proc? Otherwise he/she will need spell leech blessing. I dont think he/she want to give away devotion with the current build. Checking both dmg numbers on dummy is required to focus on one attack/dmg type.

1 Like

It feels like a hit builds that is being converted to an ignite build. Something hybrid.

Thank you very much! I killed him! Using Shield Rush was a brilliant tip! It was pretty easy with it.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.