Is my necrotic necromancer viable?

Spirit Plague: For single target DoT while I run dodging attacks

Hungering Souls: For AOE

Wandering Spirits: For necrotic resistance shred

Skeletal Mages: Using melee death knights

Wraiths: With the necrotic damage buff

There’s going to be some important affixes like shared necrotic damage and spell damage per skeletal mage. It would be more helpful if you linked your build as well.

Are you stacking damned? If so I would highly recommend using chaos bolts.

What is your end goal? Necrotic damage or minion damage? If you are just using the minions to trigger on-hit effects, you will struggpe badly after Corruption 200.

If you want to go more straight Nerotic, then Lich or Warlock would be far better. Trying to split nodes between Necromancer and Lich/Warlock is hard. Most of the nodes need heavy investment for return, and it is difficult to get results from both then.

I tried a variation of a build like that for Bleed Minions with a lot of Warlock passives for benefit… it was rough. Minions still were paper in 200+ Corruption.

2 Likes

Luckily chaos bolts only require 5 points in but yeah I wanted to second what @frisbeeicarus23 saying that as of now there isn’t enough synergy between skills and minions to effectively split your gearing/passive focus up between the two.

I’ve been wanting to try out something similar with Lethal Concentration but it didn’t feel good to play.

All right… suppose I want to focus on minions. What should I change?

Spirit Plague + Minions is still super strong. I would go MAX of Bleed Overload in Warlock, but still main Minion Necromancer. I would go the Aaron Will Golem build with skeletons, mages, and wraiths too. Focus on minion bleed chance gear too.

That would be the best bet!