Is LE about Loot Drops or Crafting? Or Neither?

Hey All,

Compared to other ARPG’s, loot drops seem a bit underwhelming. Especially after boss fights. So okay there’s crafting, and though a pretty neat system, it too feels underwhelming.

Am I missing something?

A big part of ARPG’s is the reward of glorious loads of magnificent dropped loot. I just don’t feel it in this game.

Define what you mean by “magnificent loads of loot”

is this lots of items even if they are all shit? or is it really powerful items from bosses?

This game has both, but they are not as obvious.

Just look at some dungeon runs of the lightless arbor and the loot explosions you can get at the end of that.

Gear is so exciting because crafting is good, if I find a cool exalted there is a good chance im making it into a great item because of the strong crafting. Vs others in the genre where the item is either always the same, or there is no crafting or limited crafting so dropped items are boring cause they are 99% shit.

1 Like

Hey there, Welcome to the forums.

I have to ask, how far have you gotten into the game?

LE is most definitely both loot & crafting based, but your interaction with loot evolves over time of a character levelling to a point where instead of looking for an upgrade from a drop, you are looking for a drop to craft and upgrade from.

You cannot progress gear without both in LE.

There are plenty of end-game systems and content that tick all the glorious loot and powerful crafting needs of players.

It is a combination of both, but definitely more on the crafting side.

• You will almost never find extraordinary items as direct drops
  • You will not craft an extraordinary item from a bad base item
  • But the combination of a decent drop and the crafting afterwards can make extraordinary items.

LE is definitely not about “piles of loot” and its more about items that are almost what you are looking for. Because of the nature of the crafting system even items with not ideal stats can very quickly turn into very good items with a properly set up loot fitler and a little bit of luck, strategy and most importantly persistence.

The loot game in LE usually is about trying a lot of crafts until you hits some very good results. AAnd the strategy and chocie is, what “threshold” you set yourself to beging crafting.

Do you want to burn all your ressources on low end items for a small chance of a good result or do you prefer only crafting on already pretty decent items to begin with.

2 Likes

Crafting is good but they are just filler stats

The main issue is this game severely lacks build enabling exciting uniques you actually want to build around and when they do come they get nerfed because people flock to them (Bhuldar EQ) or they are just outright bad (Lagon Sword) or they are locked behind extremely annoying content (Chronomancer relic, cant remember the name)

The extreme chase uniques are also strong but again kinda boring - Omnis/Ravenous/Bastion

Reign of Winter is probably the most interesting but in comparison in PoE to play a ‘cast on crit’ build I can just buy a gem from the vendor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.