Is Last Epoch The ONE? (Revisited)

Seeing as we are so close to the 1.0 launch now, I was reminded of this thread from early 2019 Is Last Epoch The ONE?

The game has come a long way since then and evolved into a much bigger game than I could ever have hoped for from the Kickstarter. Personally I would say yes, it is The One and will hopefully be around for many years to come. I’m still not 100% convinced on the endgame yet but hopefully that will continue to improve after 1.0. Overall the game has so much replayability and is perfect for Altoholics to try out new builds. It’s deeper than Diablo but more casual than PoE.

So the question again,

is Last Epoch The ONE?

1 Like

That depends a lot on the type of player. I think LE ticks all the boxes for the old D2 players and many of the boxes of PoE players. But I don’t think the more casual player that liked D3, for example, will be that enthused about LE.

LE is definitely a game for veteran ARPG players. It positions itself kind of in the middle of the spectrum where things are fun to do but aren’t either too easy like in D3 nor too hard/complex like in PoE. It definitely shows promise and I think it has all the requirements to go the distance. I don’t know if it will become the #1 ARPG (we’ll have to see how PoE2 fares) but it certainly offers something other ARPGs don’t and that will always pull some players in that are searching for that.

1 Like

Well, it’s not going to free humanity from the shackles of the machines and the Matrix.

Won’t it, though? Certainly not with that attitude, that’s for sure.

I’d never call any game “The One”, no matter how much I like it. I can like many games all at the same time, so the idea of doing that is silly to me.

1 Like

Well at least this is a switch from current_popular_game-killer. But, no. It’s not The One. That title belongs to Jet Li.