Is it possible theoretically to get stuck on a level of corruption that's too high?

Like, suppose you climb to a high corruption level and your build gets nerfed. Or your little sibling logs on and sells all your equipment.

I haven’t raised my corruption yet, but I know that when you do a node appears, and you complete that node to lower your corruption.

My question is… what if you can’t complete that node?

guess youre going back to campaign to farm some gear

There’s a node next to the start of each mono that allows you to drop the corruption, never tried it but it exists.

Flush their head down the toilet.

Or a different timeline that will be far more likely to give you better gear than a lvl 55 zone.

Tested it on a monolith I don’t care about, the node is extremely easy, there are several Temple guardians (giant statue-looking dudes), they do very little damage, so in order to get bricked you’d have to go from 100c to like 1000c, for them to become a threat.
Maybe they are not even affected by corruption? (just a guess considering how easy they are).
Also, the most valuable part of a character is gear, so if you somehow lose it and can’t unbrick the situation, might as well level a new one, as corruption and monolith progression is tied to character.

1 Like