Is Epilogue (Flame Rush) working as intended?

Epilogue casts Runic Invocation when you exit flame rush, but it does not cast it on cursor, it casts directly in front of where your character exits flame rush. This makes directional-based Runic Invocations a literal hit-or-miss, because if you flame rush THROUGH a set of mobs, you can’t aim the Invocation back from where you came.
Is this really as intended, because as it stands I see very few use cases where it isn’t just better to click a button and control the Runic Invocation.

I wouldn’t want it any other way. Flame Rush already affects enemies so it makes sence to rush into them and the Invocation should be cast were I end the rush for maximum effect. You don’t have to keep pressing FR until it ends, you can just release the key when you are where you want the Invocation to happen.

That might affect what runes are in play when you trigger invocation though, so it’s not a given that you trigger the right invocation at the right location. Hence it would make more sense for me to be able to control it.
It would also make for more involved gameplay imho.