Is cold not as good, since you can't freeze bosses? Does chill even slow them?

I’m currently considering between cold or lightning for my primalist and I’ve been wondering if cold has diminished usefulness on boss encounters.

define diminished?

anything that diminishes cold, will probably diminish lightning even more, since there is more cold items than there is lightning items.

I mean a lot of times in games, cold deals less damage because it slows/freezes enemies. If that’s the case in Last Epoch, and it doesn’t slow/freeze bosses, that would kind of make cold suck.

nope. last epoch has gone down the road of ‘every single thing must be a different stat’.

slows and freeze are different stats and require certain things.

to freeze an enemy you need ‘base freeze rate’ (to unlock the ability for the skill to freeze) and then ‘freeze rate multiplier’ (increases your chances to freeze).

without base freeze rate, your skill will never freeze.

even ‘chill’ which is usually combined with cold in other games, LE has made that a separate stat.

basically, cold is exactly the same as lightning, but more items support cold than lightning.

Chill works on bosses and slowing down action speed has a lot of advantages. An example of where chill is very effective is on bosses like Herot (Yes you can chill the God of Ice!)

As for freeze, I think you’ll need to have a freeze rate of atleast 2000 to freeze bosses. If you can do that then freeze feels more like a stun on boss fights which is very helpful. I have a freeze rate of about 1000% and it’s falling off around 400c.

1 Like