Is Assembled Abomination truly that weak?

Well I don’t care about how much damage that I personally do, because I know it’s low, as I ONLY focus on minion damage. Therefore, I don’t have Spirit Plague and I don’t even take bleed on Bone Curse. Don’t get me wrong…I kill a lot of enemies still. That’s because I execute with Bone Curse at 12% HP. But that doesn’t mean I’m doing damage with it.

I feel like armor shredding also pairs really well with having so many minions attacking.

You really need to try out wraiths. They’re great. I see summon volatile zombie on your bar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your wand also has minion spell and bow damage but not melee so your abomination isn’t benefitting from it, neither is your volatile zombies’ melee attacks or wraiths if you had them or golems. Only your mages and that 1 archer you use.

I HIGHLY recommend you get a 2handed axe with a base type that gives minion damage. However…there’s a new one at lvl 64 so don’t spend too much effort crafting on one of a lower level. But it might help you get there.

You’ve also got tons of suboptimal stats on your accessories. Your right ring and your relic are absolute garbage. Dexterity is worthless, cold damage is worthless, etc.

But other pieces of gear too. Focus on minion damage, minion health regen, and INT over vitality and armor, IMO. And you don’t need a shield, like I said. Kill fast enough and you won’t die. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tried them to see if they would be better. They allowed me to break through the previous boss fight, even without any tree defined for it.

For my gear, I just upgraded them as the campaign came in. Sometimes, I got things like dex or cold damage while using a fragment of chaos and got that as a random item. Still better than what I had before, trust me on that.

I’ll have to adjust my loot filter as right now, I would completly miss 2 handed axes. Not looking for endgame gear and maybe it is a problem since I am now level 61. Right now, I am just walking around the areas of chapter 9 to train my skills up to their max level. Maybe I should go to the monoliths a little (or the 3 dungeons, which I have never done once and for which I got keys) as a way to farm some gear upgrades.

Just been able to beat Majasa and thus, reach the monolith.

To solve my problem, while using my curse and the same skills, I had to move around some dots on the minions and on my classes to increase as much as I could my minion health and their leech and damage. As such, my abomination was in Majasa face the whole fight and he never lost more than 10% of his full life. Had to recast my golems a few times, which not an issue and the rest was cursing her as much as I had the mana and dodging her attacks.

Died once in that setup where I died 10 times over last night with my previous setup.

Now, to see if I do monoliths, dungeons or arena. But that is another question :slight_smile:

Dungeons are kinda niche. One of them is not really a great idea to do unless you have a good unique with legendary potential and good exalted to go with it that you want to make legendary…and another isn’t worth doing unless you have millions of gold. I just save my keys. But I guess like on my older characters I have so many keys that I could have done them if I want. I guess I don’t like to. I also don’t like arena but that’s another opinion thing :stuck_out_tongue: I mainly just do monoliths late game, and trust me, there is PLENTY there for you to do. If you do things naturally the normal way, it’ll take you a while to go through all of them and unlock empowered monoliths, and then it’ll take you a while to get greater blessings on everything. Then you’ll want to raise corruption and farm, etc.

Plenty to do in monoliths.

Sorry I was so harsh on your gear. But you said you were having issues, where I did not, and I found that as a difference between us so thought it’s worth mentioning. But I bet it helped a lot you’re using wraiths now.

If you only cast bone curse, you should never run out of mana. But I know you were casting wraiths too all fight right?

You can do monoliths BEFORE beating the campaign, btw, but yeah the first one is recommended lvl 58 so may as well finish the campaign (which you did). Make sure you did enough side quests to get all the passive points and all idol slots unlocked (hit M and look in the bottom left and it tells you). I actually did ALL side quests, but that’s not necessary. I’m just a completionist. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re not going to find a loot filter that is aimed for physical damage/melee builds because nobody goes for them lol. I just make my own loot filter. It’s pretty easy. I could make try to send it to you if I could figure out how? Wonder if I can like past a code here or something. IDK.

My current filter is basic, and it’s also ever-changing. But yeah.

So anyway yeah your filter hiding 2-handed axes is no surprise. Just make a new rule at the top that shows the SPECIFIC subtype of 2-handed axe at lvl 64 that gives minion damage (up to 110%!) as that’s the one you want. As SOON as I finished the 58 monolith and went on to the lvl 66 monolith, I was lvl 63 almost 64 and I found 2 axes in the first map before I leveled and 2 more after I levelled. 4 more in the first map. So they aren’t hard to find and aren’t hard to craft on yourself.

Another difference between our builds, and I’m not saying it’s wrong, but in the abomination tree I take Engorgement and I’m working on Epicurian, instead of Corrupt Palate and all those out that way. But you’re not doing melee physical only like me so maybe it’s ok.

However, Engourgement gives me 45% damage PER POINT, from the 5 large skeletons and 4 skeleton mages. Yours will be around there too.

You also stopped short in Bone Curse of the nodes that would make your minions do up to 50% more damage (multiplicative with all other sources) which is pretty strong even if you’re not doing physical only. I would get rid of the bleed. It’s useless other than bosses, and you’re shredding their armor already anyway so IDK. You also should have an execute. There’s a 10% from the lich tree which I see you don’t have and Transplant has one as well but Bone Curse has one and it only costs 3 points for 12% execute. That means 14% more damage multiplicative with everything else because doing 88% of enemy HP counts as doing 100% (a 14% increase in effectiveness of ALL DAMAGE done to ALL ENEMIES that have bone curse is just insane, IMO, you could lose a little bit of area since it’s the only thing you cast you can afford to cast it 2-3 times instead of 1-2 per pull, for example, especially as the mana cost is so low).

Uh I tried to get a code for the loot filter and this is what I got lol. Lots of text here but if you can copy paste it maybe try it if you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

This hides idols, unless it’s something I want to see. There are a few that won’t be relevant (like for flame wraith builds) that I just wanted to save for the future. Then I hide all normal, magic, rare, and exalted unless they meet above criteria. It’ll show some good experimental affixes, good exalted items, and items with at least a sum of tier 8 of at least 3 good affixes. Probably can raise this more and more as you get better and better gear to like 10, 12, 14, etc.

The items with 3 good affixes with at least tier 8 combined will show up BOLD RED as will
Obsidian Axe, the only axe you need. Then rare affixes will be BOLD BLUE. Those, just keep to shatter later when you need the shards (to use glyphs of chaos on something, mainly). The ones that are BOLD YELLOW are just ones I’m looking for right this minute so you can completely ignore that or tailor it to what YOU currently need (to use glyph of chaos, or add to an item, etc.). Like the blue, the yellow are intended to be shattered or even rune of removal, but right away instead of save for later.

Then it hides items from other classes and off-hand items, and shows all uniques and sets no matter what.

Pretty basic for now! I change it here and there.

The BOLD BLUE ones I will change here and there when I start to get too many affix shards, like if I have 10+ of something then I’ll remove it from the list.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> MY FILTER 1.0 ONLINE 1 16 1.0.0.4 2 HIDE IDOL_1x1_ETERRA IDOL_1x1_LAGON IDOL_2x1 IDOL_1x2 IDOL_3x1 IDOL_1x3 IDOL_4x1 IDOL_1x4 IDOL_2x2 0 true false 0 0 false SHOW 105 430 107 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 109 110 120 122 123 124 142 319 257 268 285 287 316 313 297 ANY 0 1 ANY 1 false 0 true false 0 0 false HIDE NORMAL MAGIC RARE EXALTED 0 true false 0 0 false SHOW 679 676 675 713 711 ANY 0 1 ANY 1 false 0 true false 0 0 false SHOW 719 26 73 70 64 102 643 416 679 502 36 52 25 17 80 13 24 19 7 46 45 92 425 83 82 75 66 97 427 28 419 192 572 580 579 583 633 623 MORE_OR_EQUAL 6 1 ANY 6 true 7 true false 0 0 false HIGHLIGHT TWO_HANDED_AXE 8 7 true false 0 0 true HIGHLIGHT 93 37 0 32 35 39 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 36 46 82 67 75 384 401 402 410 411 412 413 415 420 421 422 423 424 435 747 748 749 404 405 406 407 408 409 414 416 417 418 419 192 572 573 574 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 586 594 607 623 632 633 634 635 636 571 647 649 650 732 733 734 735 ANY 0 1 ANY 1 false 13 true false 0 0 true HIGHLIGHT 502 25 52 36 19 17 80 13 24 7 46 45 83 82 382 97 427 28 26 70 73 643 64 102 192 572 579 580 583 633 635 676 679 711 675 713 ANY 0 3 MORE_OR_EQUAL 8 true 7 true false 0 0 true HIDE Primalist Mage Sentinel Rogue 0 true false 0 0 false HIDE CATALYST SHIELD QUIVER 0 true false 0 0 false SHOW UNIQUE SET 0 true false 0 0 false HIGHLIGHT 749 384 748 64 719 ANY 0 1 ANY 1 false 3 true false 0 0 true

I am not using wraith. Still using skeletons, mages, golems, abominations and bone curse. I just moved points around.

As for my gear, I do not take it personally. This was my first campaign ever and as such, even if it was not optimal, I did all the quests and side quests through all of the chapters.

Even if it is not a level 64 axe, I just got myself a staff with both minion melee damage / minion spell damage and minion bow damage / minion spell damage on it (T3 & T4 but I raised it to T5). Should help a bit until I get the axe. Also just got an amulet with minion damage and minion crit chance as implicits and minion damage and minion health as affixes. Again, not the end game but should be nice upgrades.

For the dungeons, I already have a few keys of each so even if I do not have value for their treasures YET, I may run one for the sake of being a bit more familiar with it before it count.

I’m working on the first monolith right now, trying to see how it works, which scenario to play to get the gear I want, etc. It is much better as a end system than D4 (not hard, I know) and at the same time, it gives me exactly what I want, which is also better than POE. So I am having fun for sure.

I just need to remember going back to the observatory once in a while to see if a new prophecy might be on an island where I am planning to go.

Sounds nice! :slight_smile: Glad you are having fun. Good to see you got some upgrades.

EDIT: My current axe gives +48 minion melee damage and 97% increased minion physical damage. Pretty insane. haha And it can get even better.

For your build, I prefer using golem.
But it’s my preference.
Normally abomination you have to invest much more to take advantage

So, I just finished the first timeline (damn it was fun to go from place to place and try to see in which order to do what I want while avoiding stacking too many debuffs together).

I wanted to show you the difference. I am much stronger, have more life, more mana, more regen of both, resistances are better overall and more importantly, minions stays alive and do their job (even the archers leech enough to stay alive!). I also improved my movement speed, which helps to dodge the attacks from bosses.

I even just got a new exalted helmet with a +1 to summon bone golem :slight_smile:
I also got my first unique with legendary potential but I bricked the exalted I could have used if my craft had worked :rofl:
Guess I’ll have to farm a new exalted one in the next timeline!

If you want to take a look at the changes I made, here it is: Necromancer, level 66 (Release / 1.0) - Last Epoch Build Planner

1 Like

Oh boy you need a better relic :rofl:

1 Like

I know, I know. Got that one in chapter 6 of the campaign I think. Haven’t found a good one yet.

1 Like

I can’t believe you haven’t found a better relic. That’s absolutely terrible. You could buy a white one from an NPC and craft it and it’d be better than that. What is it you think this relic is giving you? All I see is 5% to all resistances.

Don’t worry too much about making legendaries! Unless the unique you find is VERY good for your build, or it has VERY high legendary potential (usually needs at least 3), then any legendary you make with it won’t be that good anyway. If it’s a crappy random unique with 1 LP, it’s not worth making into a legendary to use it. Now, if you wanna do it for funsies then whatever but I wouldn’t do it, like, seriously.

1 Like

For all warlocks this will change your life. Switch to infernal shade and profane veil. Your welcome

Just took a peak at your skills and I have some suggestions from personal experience:

Skeletal Mage:
Specc’ing into necrotic mortor/death blossom/grave tide doesn’t make much sense for your build considering you’re using death knights and melee attacks. I think you’ll get more by moving those points into flaming attacks as that’s a +20 flat fire damage for them.

Stone Golem:
Twin Golems, personally, is only useful for getting more life back from Hunger. The loss of damage and health is really going to be a problem when you are fighting some tougher bosses.

My expedience from lagacy was that anything outside of blood golems was borderline useless. As minions just die to quickly, and your golem is your life line. Blood golems just dominate with armor stripping

Yeah, hunger works really well with Blood Golems but the main problem is if you’re using golem for a tank. Blood Golems will hang back and use their spell which increases the time you’re gonna be pulling aggro.

Objectively the delay isn’t that long but subjectively it felt horrible to play with since my golem was tanking.

1 Like

For the twin golems, it is so they both provide armor to the minions around them. Help with their survival while I continue to get better gear for them. I haven’t looked at blood golem so I’ll check tomorrow to see what they provide.

I’ll also take a look tomorrow for the mages though. I selected these dots way back, before I went with the death knight and the archmage.

1 Like

Does Amalgam of Primalists stack like that?? I had no idea ! :rofl:

Honestly, everything else stack so why not this one as well? But I just went with common sense and I have no idea to check while I play. I mean, I can’t open the sheet of my minions to see their armor as the golems moves close to them.

But even if it does not stack, I still have 2 circles where minions around them gets 400 points of armor.

1 Like

Hey guys I’m only lv70 but been using a all melee minion build that’s related to this topic so sorry for highjacking it.

People keep saying that range>melee but so far monsters don’t last longer than 2 seconds, bosses probably like 5 seconds with an all melee build. This will stop working at higher content so I can start making the switch to a range cold army?

My current setup is skeletons, 4 warriors and 5 Rogues. I upgraded the cooldown next to bone armor and cooldown idols. My Rogues use the shiruken and the poison flask all the time, they don’t stop attacking while they use them so that’s a lot of extra damage. They attack way faster than archers and they actually hit twice, they also teleport to the targets so I’m confuse how the archers are better DPS. The Warriors are there because of the bone armor but I can remove if needed but you can notice the 40% reduce damage taken difference.

I’m using Death Knights for the mages, the only reason I use them is to keep the all melee group. Should I swap them out for cold mages and use the Cold Shade? The only upgrade I got the Death Knights is the +4 to fire so they can utilize the random +% fire damage I have in my minion screen tab. They also cast macabre waltz and that’s Necrotic damage, I’m worried of lossing the extra Waltz damage if I swap to mages

For HP and ward I’m using the zombies with damage converted to Necrotic and Vomit (gives me free skills with that zombie ring that always guarantee a zombie with you). I also have the upgrades to spawn 4 at a time. Now my favorite skill are the melee wraths, 6 at a time and they blow up because Macabre Waltz from mages. Deals almost 800 Necrotic damage and also gives me HP/Ward and it have a 30% to proc more Zombies with a 10% to proc multiple zombies. I’m probably spawning more zombies from the wraths explosions than casting them. Almsot forgot the zombies spawn some corpses, I get extra armor per minion and this always push me to over 25+ minions so +200 armor from a single pasive point

When should I expect this type of build to fall off? Should I start swapping and planning ahead?