When using the search function in the user’s stash, searching any string that follows ‘(type) damage’ also highlights '(type) resistance. Example: searching by ‘lightning damage’ highlights all items with lightning damage, as well as items with lightning resistance.
Steps to Repro:
- Launch application.
- Proceed to gameplay.
- Acquire an item with a typed resistance. (such as fire, cold, lightning, physical, poison, necrotic, or void that does not also provide a damage mod for spell, elemental, or the same damage type. Ex. an item with Lightning Resistance that does not have +Spell Damage, +Elemental Damage, or +Lightning Damage.
- Place the item in the user’s stash.
- Use the stash search to highlight items using the string ‘(type) damage’ where (type) is replaced, without parenthesis, with the damage type of the item from step 3.
- Observe stash.
The item from step 3 is highlighted by the stash search.
The item from step 3 is not highlighted by the stash search.
- Issue observed in build 0.8.2I
- If the user searches by 'Lightning/Fire/Cold resistance and the user has an item with Elemental Resistance in the stash, the Elemental Resistance item will not be highlighted. This suggests that getting +resistance gear highlighted in a search for items with +damage is an unintended outcome.