Inventory Bugged

Removed by original poster.

1 Like

Try posting in the Bug Reports section so the devs can keep track and work on a fix. I hope one of the LE Tech Gurus here manage to help you out.

Removed my post. I’m not usually a “feedback” type of person.

Let’s just say I will never use my stash again.

You can try creating a new stash category. It might restore the missing tabs. This is a known issue that can happen when deleting categories. It’s on my list to fix.

1 Like

So far what I have tried has not worked, and I still have a phantom category floating around. Makes me a little paranoid about using my stash!

You removed your original post so i cannot tell if its exactly what happened but if your stash is behaving oddly, with missing/empty tabs then you could try and fix it yourself…

While not strictly part of the ToS - and until Mike can resolve the cause - , you could attempt to manually repair your Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file - usually problems with categories & tabs are related to the tabID and categoryID values getting messed up…

See here for more…

just backup everything before attempting a “Right to Repair” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

sorry for making the suggestion Mike…

I’ve tried this, and much more. Nothing on my end seems to work. Just bugs it out. Would be glad to email the file to a dev if they think they can fix it, otherwise I will simply be stuck with two categories, as making new ones just bugs it out more.

Edit: Honestly if I could simply delete my entire stash and start over that would be amazing. But that seems impossible as well, from my end.

Cannot really offer much more advice then - honestly havent seen a stash file so badly corrupted that the tabid/categoryid fix didnt work but I suppose its possible…

Pretty sure the Devs probably have better things to do that try and resolve someones stash file. Even if that were possible, it would be a slippery slope where they would have to do it for everyone.

Removing the stash to start again… I havent personally tested it but the stash information is stored in that one file. For example, if you remove savegame files, the associated character is removed but everything else works… so logically if you removed the global stash file (and _temp), its likely to reset your stash back to default and leave everything else ok… unfortunately, besides items, there are other things like gold and crafting materials are also stored in that file (depending on the game mode you have chosen) that you would also lose…

Just a side note, if you use Steam Cloud and manually edit these files, then things will go seriously wonky with Steam trying to sync things back and forth… You have to disable it first.

Is there an update on this? Got the same issue now…

-edit-
With the online version. Don’t think we can change any files for that?

-edit2-
Found this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.