Inventory Bugged

Removed by original poster.

1 Like

Try posting in the Bug Reports section so the devs can keep track and work on a fix. I hope one of the LE Tech Gurus here manage to help you out.

Removed my post. Iā€™m not usually a ā€œfeedbackā€ type of person.

Letā€™s just say I will never use my stash again.

You can try creating a new stash category. It might restore the missing tabs. This is a known issue that can happen when deleting categories. Itā€™s on my list to fix.

1 Like

So far what I have tried has not worked, and I still have a phantom category floating around. Makes me a little paranoid about using my stash!

You removed your original post so i cannot tell if its exactly what happened but if your stash is behaving oddly, with missing/empty tabs then you could try and fix it yourselfā€¦

While not strictly part of the ToS - and until Mike can resolve the cause - , you could attempt to manually repair your Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file - usually problems with categories & tabs are related to the tabID and categoryID values getting messed upā€¦

See here for moreā€¦

just backup everything before attempting a ā€œRight to Repairā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

sorry for making the suggestion Mikeā€¦

Iā€™ve tried this, and much more. Nothing on my end seems to work. Just bugs it out. Would be glad to email the file to a dev if they think they can fix it, otherwise I will simply be stuck with two categories, as making new ones just bugs it out more.

Edit: Honestly if I could simply delete my entire stash and start over that would be amazing. But that seems impossible as well, from my end.

Cannot really offer much more advice then - honestly havent seen a stash file so badly corrupted that the tabid/categoryid fix didnt work but I suppose its possibleā€¦

Pretty sure the Devs probably have better things to do that try and resolve someones stash file. Even if that were possible, it would be a slippery slope where they would have to do it for everyone.

Removing the stash to start againā€¦ I havent personally tested it but the stash information is stored in that one file. For example, if you remove savegame files, the associated character is removed but everything else worksā€¦ so logically if you removed the global stash file (and _temp), its likely to reset your stash back to default and leave everything else okā€¦ unfortunately, besides items, there are other things like gold and crafting materials are also stored in that file (depending on the game mode you have chosen) that you would also loseā€¦

Just a side note, if you use Steam Cloud and manually edit these files, then things will go seriously wonky with Steam trying to sync things back and forthā€¦ You have to disable it first.

Is there an update on this? Got the same issue nowā€¦

-edit-
With the online version. Donā€™t think we can change any files for that?

-edit2-
Found this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.