Insanely bright flashes

Turning off the flashing when hitting an enemy doesn’t work. I did a comparison and it does nothing. When any type of follower would hit an enemy the flash would be way larger and way brighter. Please… fix it where flashing can be fully turned off. The game needs a seizure warning.

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

This issue has been raised multiple times and yes, the toggle in the settings doesnt work as it should/is expected to as there are sometimes two separate “flashes” happening… The devs are aware of this issue but havent specifically commented on any solution yet.

As a temporary workaround, I have found that adjusting the in-game brightness & separate screen contrast manually does alleviate a little of the issue for me but it most definitely doesnt solve it and is a pain to redo settings each time I play.

See the following recent posts for more:

Can you please share a video of the flash when hit function not working?

I could not reproduce. Here is my test with turning it off and on:

In 8.5 we update on hit effects which added more color around enemies when hit by certain types of abilities (notice the spiky white/red lines), the flashing of the bodies is a different effect.

I will but there’s a lot of it. The tenticles when they hit and shoot thorns, basically everything in this game though causes a lot of on hit flashes. It may not be as noticable to someone without eye issues and hard for others to replicate it since it’s an issue with people with eye problems. I just wish there was a setting to turn off any form of flashing in the game. I see how it’s cool and appealing but it’s very draining.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.