Infuriating crafting "bug" - critical crafting result renders weapon unusable for 4 levels

This is not really a bug, just a mechanic in the game so poorly thought through that it feels like a bug…

I was crafting on a 2-handed axe used by my Forge-Guard, level 69. It was the situation where I was able to upgrade one affix as I levelled, and then the item would require further character levels before I could craft any further. Fairly typical levelling experience.

That is, until one of my crafting attempts scored a critical. This levelled another affix for free, which should be cause for celebration, except… it has made my weapon now require level 73 before I can use it again. I have no replacement.

Terrible mechanic. Character is more or less bricked.

(Yes I have crappy 2-handers lying around which he can use for now but that’s not the point; this mechanic is poor. When a crafting critical causes annoyance instead of celebration you know your design needs fixed.

While I agree this is both frustrating and something that should be addressed saying the character is essentially bricked at level 69 is a bit much on the hyperbole scale. :thinking:

1 Like

Of course it is, which is why I “confessed” to the hyperbole in the next paragraph. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My bad. That did not register as a confession to me. Clearly went over my head.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.