Increased Void Resistance does not equal Void Resistance?

Armour has 22% increased void resistance on it, character has 0% void resistance

Update: Put on a 10% void resist idol and resist is 10% not 12% as expected

Nope. You need to have more than zero Void Resistance for ā€œincreased Void Resistanceā€ to have something to increase.

its definitely written that way, just a bit of a weird base item stat

I think something is bugged i just put on a 10% Idol and Void resist = 10% not 12 %

i had a helm (?maybe it was a chest now that i think about it, idk) with %increased void resist that did nothing to my current void resist.

i ended up thinking that implicit only works for local void resist on the item itself.
a bit of a bummer. it should be very explicit when a stat is local only, make it obvious.

1 Like

Your character sheet shows 12% void resistance, not 10%
Rune_Weaver - weavir - Character Profiles - Last Epoch Tools

I remember seeing a post in reddit showing that equipping some idols with resistances increase a different element/resistance instead of the one shown in the tooltip. So maybe itā€™s like this? So check your other resistances if itā€™s the case.

No, the idol is working as advertised, and thereā€™s the increase from the body armourā€™s implicit.

ā€œIncreasedā€ means multiplicative.
ā€œAddedā€ means additive.

You know the meme ā€œ2 times 0 is still 0ā€?

Well, 22% increase to 0 Void Resistance is still 0 Void Resistance. :sweat_smile:

we cant add screenshots here can we? I just tried it with an amulet with another 14% on it, showing 24% in game, try this link (just the idol)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GNC_msn6SfWi4Ebb69Z0xE3G5DfE6gz8?usp=sharing

yep I was clarifying, familiar with this sort of wording from POE

Thereā€™s obviously a difference between what LastEpochTools calculates and what the character sheet shows ingame. Does it still show the lower % after relogging?

Either way, the body armour doesnā€™t provide any void resistance, just an increase to any void resistance the character already has. Whether thatā€™s 10% or 12%, itā€™s not a whole lot either way. I wouldnā€™t go poking Rahyeh in that state.

OK, but according to the gear you are wearing (as shown in the LastEpochTools profile link above), you have an Idol providing +10% Void Resistance and your Body Armor increases Void Resistance by 22%.

Thatā€™s 0.1 * (1 + 0.22) = 0.122 (i.e. 12% rounded to the nearest whole)

If you mouse over the Void Resistance stat in LastEpochTools, it literally tells you where the Void Resistances are coming from.

ā€¦Am I missing something here?

have a look at the in game screen shot which shows 10% in the character sheet

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GNC_msn6SfWi4Ebb69Z0xE3G5DfE6gz8?usp=sharing

yeah I had that thought, relogged but no change. Heh yeah need to do something about it :wink:

I cannot see the image in that link; it just takes me to a Google Drive page with an unclickable, unviewable image.

But, I re-read the OG and I see what you are saying: you should have 12% Void Resistance but the Character Stat sheet says 10%, right? (Sorry, Iā€™ve been super-tired this past week, so brain not work too good lately. :crazy_face:)

My only suggestion is: have you tried removing the body armor and re-equipping it?

Thereā€™s a visual bug with Sentinel where his helmet disappears, but simply re-equipping it fixes the issue.

Thereā€™s a similar issue with Runes in the Crafting UI. If you have 10 Shattering and you select it in the UI, it says you have 10, but as soon as you shatter, it now says you have 8, but itā€™s actually 9; the Crafting UI doesnā€™t count the Shattering in the Rune slot. If you then remove the Rune from the slot and then re-select it, you have 9. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Itā€™s possible that there is a similar issue with your body armor and the way increased resistances are being calculated, such that removing and re-equipping the armor may resolve the issue?

yeah mate tried all of that, if I can find another base, ill try it, I think this could be a legit bug, odd that you cant see that image its a jpg in a google drive =(

I find Google Driveā€™s fine for sharing just about anything except images. There are much better image hosts out there. I use Imgur, but there are lots of others.