Increase the zone in the middle of character focus currently obscured by crit numbers

I’ve been struggling with losing my character onscreen, particularly during hectic fights, and have noticed a couple of things with the display of crit damage (and to a lesser extent normal damage, but because that is so much smaller it obscures much less).
There is a small area over the character model that appears not to allow crit/damage numbers to write in that space. That space, along with the relative movement in how numbers and health bars are shifted to simulate z-axis movement by playing with the relative size and their y-axis position.
Your character in the centre of all this action gets progressively harder to keep track of in two particular scenarios; when you are in the upper half of the screen, and when you are fighting taller enemies.
When you fight a mob with low height and a huge hitbox (soul furnace void bears for example) and they are to one or the other side, your character is clearly visible and the crit/damage numbers write cleanly to the sides. As you start to fight above you and move ‘upwards’, then compounded by a tall mob (with a small hitbox), you enter a position where your character is completely overwritten multiple times a second. This is happening on top of all other visual issues and spell effects.
It seemed to me that increasing the ‘safe zone’ over your character by some amount would help clear this one issue obstructing clarity. I don’t think there is ever a good point to overlay your character with meta-data. If they are on fire, sure!
Obviously this isn’t a big issue on ranged.
Thanks for listening.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.