Increase the Loot Filter Rules limit (75)

When making an Item Type rule, you cant pick subtypes if you pick multiple item types. Eg; if you pick 2h Axes and Wands, you cant specify the subtypes (item bases) you want to see. To fight this restriction, we have to make multiple copies of the same rule to clutter our filter. Either let us pick subtypes for multiple items or increase the filter loot rule from 75 to more.

I’m not sure why there is a limit, does it affect the performance or something?

Yes, it does affect performance. It has to check your loot filter every single time something drops. The more rules, the worse performance gets.

I can’t even imagine how you could possibly hit that limit even with what you describe. A dozen rules max is all I’ve ever needed.

1 Like

Rly? I see no difference between a 5, 15 or 20 queue filter at all. A pal even loaded a filter with so much useless clutter in it and performence wasn’t tanking.

It’s been proven and that is the devs response on previous requests. That’s why there is a limit.

They always talk about technical limitations but it I never had performence issues with my filters… guess my filters are dope :smiley: .

You seem to fail to draw the proper connections there.

You don’t have performance issues because of limitations.

That’s the point of em.

1 Like

PoE is 10+ years old and you can have trillion of rules on your loot filter. It doesn’t affect performance and it shouldn’t. If you are having performance issues due to filter coding, someone needs to learn how to do his job ^^ I feel like those replies are personal opinions, I dont want to believe the game engine was designed in such a bad way

1 Like

Yes, they also have a completely different structure for loot.
The LE one isn’t as sturdy as the over 10 years refined PoE one by far, especially so since there have been several performance overhauls since its inception.

Give it a bit of time and LE will gradually come close to it as well. They managed to raise the character limit, we have up to 200 stash tabs (which PoE heavily struggles with performance wise but LE is surprisingly fine with) and in-game implementations which PoE can only dream of in general.

The PoE filters and loot system entirely work differently, first of all.

Second of all, people have performance issues with PoE every day. How do you know the filter system isn’t part of that? They have, in fact, optimized their loot system to help with performance in PoE.