Improvement of the ping of the multiplayer server

I have written to the discord feedback, but there has been no response, so I am reporting it here as well.

I am playing in Japan and for the past 3 days the ping on the Asia NE server for the multiplayer beta has been around 130. I don’t know where this server is located, but the first few days of the beta the ping was around 20 and very comfortable.

Are there any plans to improve this situation?
With a ping of 130, it’s not really possible to play HC mode, as the characters either warp or are unresponsive.

Are you actually connecting to the NE Asia server when you experience that kind of ping though. There have been several posts where a person is neing erroneously connected to a much more distant server giving hogher ping. But when yhe party up with someone on the correct server they get an expectedly low ping.

is there a way to check which server one is currently connected in game?

Between your skill bar and the teleport button, there is a vertical bar with 3 segments.

If you hover over it, it will display your ping and server region.

1 Like

Does this mean that even though it says Asia NE, it may actually be connected to a different server?

No, the problem was that LE was connecting them to a more distant server, but it did say that they were connected to whatever that server was.

Are we able to choose a server to connect to?

Not currently - I made this thread. You can upvote it :slight_smile:

I see.
So there are two problems. One is that the person may not be connected to the server to which he/she should be connected, and the other is that the person is connected to the server to which he/she should be connected but the ping is not stable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.