Improvement of mechanics

Hello,
I’ m a big fan of this amazing game and I’ve been playing a lot lately. I enjoy myself a lot but there are some things that need improvement in my opinion.

Affix shards:
I appreciate that we can collect all shards from the ground at once by clicking the mouse but why aren’t they going directly to the affix stash like glyphs? There is literally no point sending them to inventory where we have to click another button. They just take up space for items.

Stash tabs:
Stash tabs in this game are quite nice because you can have as many as you want you just have to play the game but I have one complaint. Why can’t we move the tabs? This actually kinda forced me to start over in hc because in sc I didn’t know how the stash works and now it’s a complete mess. Please make the stash tabs moveable.

NPCs:
I know I get it we have to do a quest for the gambler guy but why do we always have to choose we want to trade with a merchant? Like what else do you think I want? Chat with him? No. It’s pretty annoying to always click the trade button so please make it so we can go trade with merchants immediately.

Gambling:
I would gladly appreciate if we didn’t have to wait for soooo long for the item to roll. When youre making a gambling session this long rolling is slowing down the process drastically.

This is all I can think of. This threat isn’t by any means a hate or something. I just wanted to point out a few of features that I think don’t make sense and should be somehow updated. Big thanks to the devs for putting out such an amazing game.

3 Likes

There is already a pretty big discussion on this topic. You should state your opinion there.

Alot of people already requested this, the Stash System is one of the relatively new features a few major patches ago. I guess it will get additional functionality like stash tab order.

In the meantime, just in case you didn’t know, you can move stash tabs within categories, so if you create enough categories, you can kinda make the stash tabs a bit mroe organized.
(When you are in the configure menue via right clicking a stash tab, you can select the category in the drop down menue in the top right)

You can move them amongst the Categories fairly easily, but yeah moving the tabs once they are within the Category you want is something that is requested quite a bit. Once you got a lot of tabs it does become quite tiresome trying to organize them, like it was setting up all my tabs:

https://imgur.com/aR1QrVs

I agree wholeheartedly. Holding for suspense on the roll gets real old after say, your fourth gamble.

I could imagine that this might be by purpose, just to not make gambling too comfortable.

Sitting at the gambler for hours seems to be a common advice to get BiS gear, instead of actually playing the game.

Making this even more confortable would mean to even further encourage people to gamble.

I’m a bit torn on this. I use the gambler a lot myself. And I also find the time gap annoying. But the whole gambling always feels tedious for me and I’d prefer not to do it that often. But it’s so damn efficient and helps so much with gear progression.

I think the simplest solution would be to reduce the wait time and simply raise gambling prices, or perhaps the reroll price.

At the very least you have to play more to get more gold. This could turn gambling into a bit more of a bonus than as the main way to get crafting bases.

1 Like

This! For testing purpose the gambler is absolutely ok. But I’m all in for a massive increase of gambling prices when this game goes live.

This should be an absolute gold sink and even suck dry the pockets of an 24/7 gamer if used extensively.

This could be done with either or both of

• Increasing prices
  • Increasing the refresh price and let it increase by 30% whenever you press the button. No auto refresh after a timer. Every 24h the price is reset to the base price of 10k gold.

:o So you want to put gambling out of the reach of anyone who’s not the “1%”?

No.

I want the exact opposite. With an increase of refresh price per usage you can limit the utility of this mechanic even for the 1% hardcore gamers. Because you reach a point where it’s not affordable for them, too.

I don’t want sitting at the gambler for hours to be a more efficient way to get BiS gear than playing the game.

And imho currently the gambler is to cheap. Even at a fresh SSF character you start gambling as soon as you access it. It’s so easy to get better gear than that what you are looting.

Can you tell me how many gear pieces on your toons you are using are looted and not gambled? Besides uniques and target farm drops, like roughly 80% of my gear is from gambling.

And as boardman stated recently, when asked where he gets all his gear, the answer was “I’m sitting 4h at the gambler”.

So my intention is to make this impossible and shorten the gap between players in regard of how often they can click the refresh button.

You’re an accountant (afaik :wink:) and and excel graph pro. Maybe you can come up with different numbers.

For example if you make it that everytime you click that button the price gets added 5 million gold. Somebody that has 10k gold can press it once, somebody with 15.xx million gold can press it 3 times.

This is an extreme example but roughly shows the intention I have. Make it cheap at the beginning and much more expensive everytime you refresh.

Eliminate gambling as the most effective while most boring source of BiS gear.

Gambling is of course number 1 way to get items but limiting it doesn’t solve anything the devs would have to totally revamp the way item drops work and I don’t see that any time soon. I get your point but drop rates go hand in hand with this and if you eliminate this way of getting items people will struggle.
Btw I’m not against revamping the drops because I feel like there is just way too many low lvl items droping in the high echoes it doesn’t make sense. But as I said if you “kill” gambling it’s not really going to help.

While gambling is and always was very strong, loot drops in LE are not as bad as people often describe them to be.

But since gambler is so accessable, alot of people don’t bother with loot much (or at all).

I personally only gamble at one stage of the game: When finishing the story and starting to have troubles in early MoF (which does not happen to every build).

I am totally for making gambling very hard to do it extensively.
Gambling will still be there, if you really want that one specific base and if they affixes are bad, you still can use a rune of cleansing for that.

I personally would even like removing the gambler entirely, but i know this would cause outrageous raging.

1 Like

I’d be absolutely ok with only eliminating the gambler or at least make it less viable.

As @Heavy stated, the drops aren’t that bad. With a good setup loot filter you’re absolutely able to farm your gear.

Forum threads may alter so that 10mio DPS build would be a 200k dps build. But this doesn’t mean it is a bad thing.

With legendaries coming and some more crafting expansions, there will be more variety in building your gear, imho.

[quote=“RawSuicide, post:7, topic:27822, full:true”]

I feel like that’s definitely way too high a refresh price. I was thinking like, double, maybe 2.5x the price.

Most of my gear is crafted on drops since I spend most of my gold buying Runes of Shattering.

It’s about 80/20 in favour of drops.

These numbers aren’t well thought out. Just an example of what the direction should be from my point if view. So yeah, might be too high :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.