Implicit mods

1. Belts with +potion slots as the only implicit mod, either double potion slots or add some stats for these items (or add more potion types?).

2. Vaal Orb equivalent - rolling implicits to a +1 skill or something similar - do it your way via glyphs or runes. Make it rare, make it fracture the item regardless of the desired outcome.

3. Remove Attribute rolls from the prefix pool, and add “main stat” (in addition) to all implicit mods. You have way too many god tier prefix rolls in the game for people to even look at Attribute rolls (boots are the exception for me), this is NOT because attributes are inherently weak or those prefix rolls I’m vaguely referring to are too strong. This is something that makes sense thematically and aligns with item progression IMO. I’m talking smaller amounts of mainstat, like start out from +1 Str/Int/Etc to +5-6(ish) being the highest roll of “main stat” per item.

Example,

Certain Mage robes only have a implicit modifier of +Armor … Really? Something most mages / sorcs completely ignore is the only implicit roll on a armor type almost exclusively for mages…

I hope it hurts both of us to know how right I am. But if I’m wrong and didn’t foresee unintended consequences of these changes I’m all ears (eyes)!

As a side note, I feel Exalted drops could be slightly more common earlier on, preferably through more exalted-echomap rewards (targeting item type). People are saying just get to 200 corruption and it rains exalted items. Respect the players time, I say. This is stupid, I literally have 0 viable exalted items with at least 2 tabs of exalted items piled up (for alts or offspecing). Now, don’t get me wrong, if trading was in the game, if co-op was in the game, I might have a totally different attitude toward exalted items. With only 70 hours played I could be experiencing poor RNG or I’m just lazy, but this is my initial impressions so far.

I almost didn’t care enough to leave feedback, however I can really tell you guys care about where this goes and are giving it the care it requires to make a product we all want to play for thousands of hours.

Thanks for reading.

There already is a prefix for increased numbers of potions. I’m not sure why increasing the number of pots you can have would be a good thing, since that would make things a fair bit easier.

They have said that they have plans for more types of runes/glyphs, though they’ve not said what they are. I’d be a bit surprised if one of them didn’t have a similar function though I’d imagine it would be relatively infrequently used since a lot of one’s gear gets fractured before it’s “finished”.

I’m not sure this is a good idea, since int is a relatively strong stat for Acolyte minions and ward builds (while attributes are a bit meh for most other builds IMO compared to other prefixes, yes @heavy, I know str is good for armour on Sentinel builds) it’s good to have that pressure regarding what affixes to choose.

Yeah, no. The highest level armour for mages that only has armour as an implicit is lvl 25, I think it’s ok for low level gear to be less interesting. Just because mages don’t put armour affixes on gear doesn’t mean it’s of no interest, it’s just too far down the priority list for the majority of casters. And don’t forget that the melee-focussed Spellblade shares those bases.

And TBH there’s only 2 of them and they’re both very low level, so it’s not exactly a burning problem that keeps Mage players up at night…

I think there’s only room for one ego that big here and that’s me (and one or two others but this wasn’t exactly hilarious to begin with)!

2 Likes

I shouldn’t have suggested doubling the number of slots on these belts. Adding an additional implicit modifier, say Stun Res or Crit Avoid on belts with potion slots as their only implicit could make for more interesting choices (sash, leather belt, and ranger’s belt).

Great, perhaps rolling a desirable outcome is easier when an item has fewer implicit mods? Guess we can only speculate RN.

You could be right.
Last night I had an exalted Opulent Coat drop with the T6 as Dexterity (on my sorc), while building around dodge may not be optimal, I suppose it’s far more interesting having the freedom and choice available. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I figured suggesting the removal of these prefixes and rolling them on their respective base item types as implicits in addition to what’s already there could be more interesting and hit two-birds-one-stone. But I may have to retract that suggestion for the examples you outlined.

Perhaps the solution lies somewhere in the middle, I don’t think anyone would complain if we had even more choices, more class specific options, etc.

Humble enough to leave room for those one or two more though, see we’re making progress already. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.