Immortal Citadel Crashing

I have been having serious stability issues with Last Epcoh for the past few days and reinstalled from Steam today to try and fix them. I have been doing the final quest of the Immortal Citadel (fighting Harton and Zerrick). Once I go through Yuulia’s portal to the past the game crashes. I have tried it 3 times now and the game crashes each time. I also lose my progress and need to fight the bosses again. It seems to be a hard stop on my progress for this character and is deeply frustrating.

I tried it on a different character that had already made it through the area and it happened again. I verified the integrity of local files and they were fine. I also went through a screen transition from the waypoint to the boss arena so it only happens on that transition. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I quit the game and waiting a couple hours. On the next try I got through.

I am still curious what happened though.

Hey there…

Its pretty hard to help when you havent provided much more than a description of a crash… at the moment it would literally be guessing what might be causing the issue… For example, usually when the game crashes when using a portal (i.e. loading into a new map) it means that its likely a performance based instability problem that happens when the game is run with in-game settings that are too high for the hardware & the beta unoptimised state of the game.

But it could be a lot of other issues too…

The reason you got through on a subsequent playthrough could have been anything really - again without knowing the before and after state it would be impossible to say.

Please can you include:

1. the player.log and player-prev.log - games debug file - please note that this file is cycled (prev version etc) so its very important to include the log from immediately after a crash/problem is experienced else it may be overwritten.

2. the le_graphicsmanager.ini - the games setting file.

3. the output of a dxdiag report on windows or system info from steam if you are using linux - summary of your system config, drivers etc.

These files & information would help in diagnosing what is happening and suggesting a possible solution.

In the meanwhile:

1. Make sure that your OS is update and there are no failed patches (assuming windows but the same applies for linux)

2. Make sure your GPU drivers are recent (no older than 2 to 3 months) and installed using a CLEAN install, not upgrade.

3. Do not run any other applications while testing LE - this includes things like Steam overlays.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.