Imagine

When the game is optimized to the point that it does not feel like we are farming bitcoin in the background. I live in the southern hemisphere so I may need to invest in a heater is my pc was not cooking the winter out of my room. k3k

Its not great but its not THAT badā€¦

There are ways to get the game working betterā€¦ just post your system info and in-game settings and I am sure there are few of us who could make suggestionsā€¦

My pc is well over spec i7-900f 16gb fast ram 2070 super,
it is bad

Our definition of bad is obviously different.

It all depends - if you are trying to run the game on your hardware with Ultra settings at 4k and expecting 120fps, then yesā€¦ its probably going to seem badā€¦

@Llama8 (well known community tester on the forums) has a 2070 super with an AMD 3800xt, 32gb and plays at max settings @ 1440. For him the performance is fine.

I run an old i5-7500 with a 1060 & 16gb ram and I can play at 1080p on Medium settings with 50-60fps 90% of the timeā€¦ I usually play on lower quality settings for more performance/stability but I think its perfectly fineā€¦

You have to remember, the game is in beta and the devs havent dedicated time/resources to improving performance issues yet - I figure its because there is no point in fixing performance on features/content that might be changed/removed and there is still plenty to do with things like Multiplayer comingā€¦

I was about to say something. :slight_smile:
The i7-9700f appears to be comparable to my 3800xt so the main difference between mine & DoubleDribbleā€™s systems is mine having 32 gig of ram.

Assuming Intel processors donā€™t have a worse time with LE than AMD.

1 Like

running high and 1080.

Not much of a talker are you?

If you are using High settings in 1080p - you should have perfectly fine FPS - in fact, Iā€™d guess it at or over 100fps in most situations barring the known issues of high mob/minion density & certain partical effects. Even then I figure you should still be in the 80-90s with your 2070S

if its not then you have something fishy going on with your systemā€¦

was not talking about fps issues was talking about pc heating my room up :smiley: and making strenuous sounds :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you limiting the FPS?

If you dont limit the FPS then LE will max out the GPU usage and flatline at 100% for no apparent reasonā€¦ You would not ā€œsee/feelā€ it during play very easily but that would defintiely explain the overheating/fan noise/possible coil whine.

A simple approach is to just add an fps limit to match your monitors capability - I prefer frame limiting over vsync as it gives you more control.

A more complicated approach is to monitor your GPU usage and implement a FPS limit where your GPU usage is around 60-70% with your character just standing in town doing nothing - this leaves headroom for busy in-play moments for your GPU to ramp up as needed without flatlining at max all the time. This approach is hardware dependent re the in-game settings vs preferred fps vs usage headroom - i.e. you need to find the sweet spot that works for your individual setup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.