Im level 16 and i cannot switch mastery passives

Im leveling a shaman or trying too and i cant respec from primalist to shaman. I did respec my skills and qhen i clic on it they dont do nothing. Do i gotta stat over ? I initially choe shaman at th start of ceeating my character., irealy dont wanna restart.

I didnā€™t quite understand the whole process you are trying to do, so Iā€™ll just describe the whole mastery thing.

You start game as a base class (Primalist for you).
Somewhere in act 1 or 2 you will be asked to choose one mastery out of three (big screen-wide window that you cannot miss with anything).
After choosing your mastery, you have to have 20 passive skill points allocated in your base class (Primalist) passive tree. After that you can start allocating points in your mastery class passive tree. Also, left halves of other masteries trees are available.

1 Like

Yes, you canā€™t change masteries. Once you select Shaman, you are a Shaman and cannot undo that selection to select Druid or Beastmaster. When you selected Shaman it told you that it was permanent so if you want to play a Druid or Beastmaster then yes, you have to start a new character.

@leeroy123 did tell you already that you can take the left half of the trees of the other two masteries though, so you do have that option.

Thatā€™s not what heā€™s saying.

The OP is saying he canā€™t ā€œrespecā€ from the base Primalist to Shaman.

He actually thinks theyā€™re two different classes (as opposed to Shaman being a subclass of Primalist) and that he has to remove all his Primalist passive skills before he can but points in the Shaman tree.

So now he has removed all his Primalist passive skills, and the game is not allowing him to put points in the Shaman passive skill tree, because he needs at least 20 points in the Primalist passive skill tree in order to do so.

Itā€™s incredibly funny how poorly people in this topic are communicating with each other.

@OP: you better start over, Iā€™m sorry.

The OP also said he chose shaman when he created his character, which isnā€™t how it actually works. @leeroy123 explained how it works well enough for that. The removal of his skill specializations would make it a bit more difficult to progress, but not sure if starting over at that level would be faster than just grinding it out.