I'll bring the ice

This is a build I’m playing from time to time. I’m not really happy with it, but I feel I have a solid basis and it could work well. Do you have any advice about it?

It’s a cold Marksman, based on Hail of Arrows for crowd control, Puncture for damage and Umbral Blades for single target.

How is Umbral blades doing single target ? If i’m not missing anything, you have no flat damage to throwing attacks and only 25% chance to frostbite on hit with it (there’s the bleed but you aren’t scaling phys). Will need decent Shock chance to get frostbites with Umbral blades especially considering the less chance to proc ailments.

I think Trickster has a nice guide for Cold HoA but it is not focusing on frostbite for dmg as those boots weren’t there at the time maybe it could help give some good ideas.

Good, but not as good as it could be.
At level 70 I’ll be able to use Reign of Winter. At that moment I’ll rethink the whole build and see what can scale what.

1 Like

With 3 Umbral Blades, specced into Bladestorm, you are hitting 6 times a second. Frostbite has a 25% chance on hit and lasts 4 seconds, so you effectively have 6 stacks permanently on them. It’s not much, but with Reign of Winter and damage scaling it does enough to help take care of tougher enemies/bosses faster.

Hope this helps :3

2 Likes

quote=“queermathsgirl, post:4, topic:48477”]
With 3 Umbral Blades, specced into Bladestorm, you are hitting 6 times a second. Frostbite has a 25% chance on hit and lasts 4 seconds, so you effectively have 6 stacks permanently on them. It’s not much, but with Reign of Winter and damage scaling it does enough to help take care of tougher enemies/bosses faster.
[/quote]

6 stacks is not much for keeping up 3 Umbral blades on an enemy(when you could be spamming puncture/other skills) and Reign of winter(which isn’t used here) does almost nothing for umbral blades other than the global cold pen (It has flat bow and spell dmg and icicles proc on Bow hits only).

Umbral blades also converts frostbite chance from shock chance meaning its going to be much more of a pain to get decent bleed->frost for puncture and shock->frost for UB. Would be much better imo to ditch it for another skill like Decoy with maxed cold shred nodes+duration and will boost both puncture + HoA dmg.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.