If Hardcore character dies and reenters zone as a Ghost, old HC items are visible but can't be picked up

Last night I was playing a character with the Hardcore challenge enabled (no other challenges). I died while fighting Lagon in the Seafloor Colosseum. I decided to continue playing the now-Ghost character, used a waypoint to travel to The Temple of Lagon, and continued back to where I had died.

On the way there, I saw items on the ground that I had previously left behind before dying, but I could not pick up the items - I could hover over them to see their stats, but clicking them wouldn’t pick them up. This confused me for a bit until I realized what seemed to be happening. I think it’s reasonable to not be allowed to pick up the HC-dropped items as a Ghost, but it would be nice to avoid the UX confusion.

I think any of the following would be fine/less confusing than the current behavior:

• Force a regeneration of all zones after respawning in Ghost mode
  • Do not show the HC-flagged items which cannot be picked up
  • Include some sort of visible indication of why the item cannot be picked up in the tooltip

This is a known bug with how local files are saved. This won’t be a problem in multiplayer but because of technically difficulties items in scenes don’t fully get culled.

Thanks for the report.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.