Idols salvaging/crafting

Would be really nice to have ability to salvage idols to get their affixes and then craft new ones from affix shards with minimum possible value of affixes. This with solve few issues:

1. No more dozens of stash tabs filled by idols “just in case” cause who knows what build will you decide to try next time.
  2. It will be possible to get some build-enabling combinations of affixes on idols, but you still have to loot idols with these affixes to craft. And perfect ones with higher rolls are still a long term goal and require grinding through hundreds of monoliths.

Edit: to clarify - it shouldn’t be possible to replace affixes, only to create new idols from affix shards obtained only by salvaging.

1 Like

I like the idea but thats a whole lotta power creep.

That’s why it should be minimum possible rolls always. Considering range on some mods - some dropped idols with single useful affix will be better than crafted ones.

It boils down to being able to craft the most beneficial affixes on the smallest form factor allowing idols, I think thats where the problem is. Even on 2 slot idols, this could solve so many gearing issues that we would otherwise have to make compromises for.

Again I am for it, I just dont know how it plays out in reality. Anything that can eliminate 7 tabs of idols is ok with me regardless haha.

1 Like

Same affixes have different minimum and maximum values depending on idol size :slight_smile: So using smallest ones isn’t always the best choice. And 1x2 idols are useful mostly for double hp, which aren’t that insanely rare, and with minimum values are just flat 11 and 2% (as example), so it’s easier to find one, but with better rolls, and avoid wasting idol slots for 11 + 2% ones.
Yeah, it can give some power spike when you start getting good amount of idols on first character, but nowhere close to be broken. Imo it would only smooth out progression for idols:

1. Get first idols you need with single affix, use them.
  2. Find other idols, salvage all, craft some double affix ones with lowest rolls.
  3. Farm for high rolls to use them instead.

I’ve suggested it before but what I would really like is just a codex that holds all the idols, so you don’t really have to think about what you have and compare them endlessly. The sheer number of these things you get / need is ridiculous.

1 Like

The devs have said before that they want idols to be a min-maxing chase item type of item, which they kinda are. So I’d be surprised if they added anything like that (it’s been asked for/about ever since they added idols).

1 Like

Wait so you dont enjoy looking through 10 tabs of idols for the one idol that has both crit chance and echo repeat chance? This isnt peak exhilarating gameplay to you? Damn such a casual!

2 Likes

I am insulted. Thats what I do just before bed… It soothes…

3 Likes

Maybe one day we will have a better search fonction so we can search multiples stuff at the same time

2 Likes

Lmao I just got done sorting tabs when I read your post :rofl:

Seeing all the different affixes and possibilities makes me sad about D4, how can LE and its small dev team come up with so many cool combos and interactions, but king Bliz only has 84 conditional affixes on gear.

Yeah I know that was a wild tangent, but fuck Bliz and D4. I have never been so let down by a game, one I spent $90 on just to add a little injury to insult.

3 Likes

I know, right? lol

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.