Idol Crafting: Too Many Idols in My Stash, Help!

I find myself hording too many idols, in-case I change builds or need fillers for resistances or other stats. This leads to tabs and tabs of unused-but-could-be-someday items.

As a player, I would like an idol crafting system to reduce the eventual-amount of idol loot I am picking up and hording away, so that I can focus on more fun parts of the game instead of stash management.

In order to have some barrier to an idol crafting system, which would prevent becoming too powerful, too quickly:

• Idol crafting should be limited to a time-based release. Such as: character levels 90+ or a quest after unlocking a certain number of monoliths
  • Crafted idols become account-bound and cannot be traded between players
  • Crafted idol affixes, similar to drop-only exalted item tiers, have slightly lower values (tier 1?) where drop affixes always have a higher potential value range (tier 2?).

Alternative to a crafting system would be a better way to store and utilize idols. As the number of classes one plays grows, so too does the need for additional stash space to store idols for that class.

I would very much like to break down my idols into crafting material. I think this plays well into existing system, but I also want to respect the value of drop-obtained power and the potential thrill of farming for those items. From my external perspective, once you have multiple stash tabs of idols in various combinations and rolls this isnā€™t much different in terms of looted-value-excitement from having an inventory of craftable idol material.

5 Likes

One of the reasons they gave for not having this ither times its been asked for is that they view idols as one of the chase items and allowing crafting would take away from that (being able to make idols with 2 useful stats).

So you craft them on the relevant character and move them to the one you want to use them on.

Totally reasonable to have that a design goal: not allowing crafting of idols, keeping them to 2 affixes. I wouldnā€™t want to remove that chase element. I just wish the management of these items had something a bit friendlier., post-chase. Rather than take anything that currently exists away, Iā€™d want a solution here that adds to the joy and experience.

Maybe a stash tab highlight filter or improvements to the search function? Something to help me weed out which idols I can truly part ways with.

1 Like

Totally agree with the help tip on deciding which idols to ditch, that would be good, probably an internal numerical rating system to idols so I know which ones I should get rid of.

I too have an obscene number of idols, around 10 tabs dedicated to it. Consider crafting function but probably restrict to Shattering and Refinement only.

Would an idol sink be something that could be beneficial for this?

Not sure what would provide the mechanic but being able to take two idols of similar types and slam them together and doing the whole reroll and take one suffix and prefix from either and make a new idol would be interesting.

I would definitely slam a few of my idols together to see if I can get a more perfect version. Keeps the rarity of idols but allows rerolling and making idols more versatile.

This could just make it worse and now even more idols are useable.

1 Like

I have 3 Idol Stash Tabs for each Main Character Class and 4 more for the small ones.
Def would appreciate some improvements here.

I would like to see a dungeon where you can forge two idols together upon completing the boss. Perhaps with a chance to make Exalted idols at higher tiers

1 Like

Speaking as a noob, idols are seriously overwhelming.
I keep anything I find atm because I donā€™t know what is good and what I might need for another class or build down the line and stash tabs are getting really expensive really quicklyā€¦
In short, I would be in favor of idol crafting too. Maybe make them more rare to compensate if that makes getting the good stuff to easy?

Iā€™d settle for more access to stash tabs. I have 4 x 90+ chars in empowered 4x 60-80 chars, and ALL my gold goes to buying tabs (first emp blessing I go for is always higher gold drop!) I have cleaned up my stash several times but still lacking storage. Yes, Iā€™m sure Iā€™m keeping too much trash, but damn, is it too much asking for easier access to stash tabs?! Iā€™d be fine with buying some for real money!

Is that any different from having only 1 Alt aligned with the trading guild, who will then do all the trading for your other 19 Alts, all of whom have joined the ā€œbetter drop rateā€ guild?

The CoF characters wouldnā€™t be able to use the traded gear.

Are you joking. This trading design is becoming more ridiculous the more I hear about it. So I am going to have items bound to characters?

Afaik, items will be bound to either of the two groups not specifically your characters themselves ā€¦ I.e. All your CoF chars will be able to use CoF items and vice versa.

Could be wrong but thats how I understood it.

Have you read the announcement thread or did you ignore all of the details and the faq just so you could get pissy about it?

CoF characters wonā€™t be able to use MG trade gear, MG characters wonā€™t be able to use CoF dropped gear. CoF characters can use MG dropped gear as long as they get it via the ā€œproperā€ (non-MG traded) channels (shared stash, resonance traded & in-party-when-it-dropped gifting).

1 Like

Abysmal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.