Ice Thorns casting on Wolf without "Protector's Briar"

When I spec Ice Thorns for Thorn Shield with Bramble Shield *auto-cast when hit), I’m finding it casting on my Wolf even though I haven’t spec’d “Protector’s Briar” (node to cast Ice Thorns on Companions).
I could not detect the Wolf casting Ice Thorns when hit before I spec’d Thorn Shield, but with that I see the Wolf getting lots of Thorn Shield - I assume he is “stealing” my stacks? There is a huge difference in the stacks you get solo or with the Wolf out.

I have absolutely no icons that cast Ice Thorns so it looks to be only the interactions from the skill trees as far as I can see.

Tangentially related note: The wolves appear very fragile, particularly to environmental/aoe damage. Is it intended that companions require significant investment from my own passives to stay alive? I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting a bit of “flavour/RP” in my character and it would be nice to have a thmed pet running around with my Primalist, even if he isn’t a Beastmaster.

I would have loved a Spirit Wolf node that said “Your Wolves are Immune to AOE. Your Wolves do no damage.”

Loving the game and all these skill interactions are great fun.

Could you link a screenshot of your Ice Thorns?

https://imgur.com/WdAbbPL

Not the first game I’ve seen you helping with, Llama8 – Thanks for all of it!

1 Like

Either you’re from Sacred 1/2 or you’re confusing me with someone else I think. :slight_smile:

Minor addendum:
I added a 10% chance on hit Thorn Totem into my idols selection and now I see Ice Thorns casting on the totems as well as the wolf. I haven’t changed the Ice Thorns build since I linked it above: no node to cast on your companions or allies.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.