I should just auto-pick up crafting mats like gold

There isn’t a limit on how many crafting materials I can have so I don’t see a reason why I can’t just walk over mats to pick them up.

Clicking on a single individual rune still requires me to move my mouse over it and basically requires me not to be in combat.

I’m sorry if this is something in the works or some one else brought this up.

6 Likes

Crafting mats are not currency.

Also why should a player just be handed the power crafting mats have. How about rune of creation? If a player wants the power of these said mats they should have to pick it up. Vs sucking mats up like a vacuum

Auto pick up will also create a disadvantage to those that dont use this option

EHG wants crafting mats to be items in the game.

And yet, they aren’t. You can’t trade them. You can’t sell them in the Bazaar. All you can do is click that massively immersive button to move them to crafting stash.

2 Likes

you didnt see that his entire comment is riddled with sarcasm?

Please search before posting. It’s basic forum etiquette. This has been posted and argued about dozens of times and there is no reason for there to be another post about it.

1 Like

Currently no they arent items.

A few times in developer live streams mike mentioned they want them to be items. Mats dont need to be tradable to do this.

As well as the possibility of some sort of future content that will make them items or at least make u want to pick them up

If we choose to stay and play, we have to accept what the dev vision is for the game, even though it makes little sense to many people. So we auto-pickup gold but not shards even though both have essentially infinite storage. Just like we have to dance around ridiculous AoE patterns thrown down by bosses, which has become an ARPG staple.

Maybe we should be glad we don’t have to shuffle around a spire echo to chop down trees or skin creatures to get crafting materials.

1 Like

sshhhhh… dont give them ideas to make the grind even worse :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This was done with the intent of trading them in the future.

They chose another route though, with them not being able to be traded.

This changed the premise.

This means the initial reasoning is not valid anymore.

This means the call for a change for those is now a valid argument.

We can argue about it being auto-pickup or not… but the minimum is not cluttering the inventory and instead moving right into the crafting storage for the current situation.

You pick them up.
You have them in the inventory.

Yes… that’s called a item.

To warrant something taking up space in the inventory it needs to have some meaning to it.
Currently we got a - basically - infinite crafting storage.
That is the opposite of warranting it taking up space, it’s a pure bother in the current state.

1 Like

As most people probably know, I’m usually a firm defender of EHG and their choices for LE. This one, however, is one that I don’t agree with, even though I accept it.

Basically, the reason it’s this way is because the devs want you to make an active choice to pick them up. They feel that this is good for the gameplay loop. I don’t personally agree with it, but they themselves are players and the whole premise of LE was to make the game they wanted to play. So I accept it.

And, to be fair, it really is a choice. After not too long you’re simply ignoring most affixes because you already have too many. Basically, if it’s not a red affix, you only bother to pick them up if there’s a lot of them and close by. And even then, you still have way more common shards than you can realistically spend.

So that part actually sort of plays out to their intentions. What, to me, makes less sense and would be much more welcome would be to autotransfer shards. It doesn’t make sense to me that we have shards taking space in inventory and have to be periodically transfered. It’s just annoying.
Still, I don’t feel that it’s such a big issue, so I accept it and move on.

Lastly, I just want to mention that Mike also said before that they intend to make changes to shard drops, making them drop less often but in higher numbers, so you stop seeing drops of 1 or 2 affixes.
And he also mentioned that they want to include some system where you can transform shards into other shards, at a loss. Something like 100 int shards being converted to 10 fire pen shards, or something in those lines.

So, in conclusion, this is one of the things I think EHG should consider changing, especially autotransfer. I’m ok with not having autopickup, since I’ve gotten used to it and at this point I have so many shards that it doesn’t bother me. But I don’t think this is a net positive experience for the majority of the players.

4 Likes

This, among a few other quality of life things, is what shifted me from primarily an online player to spending more time on the offline client where I have mods to do things like this.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve been hearing that for years now… Excuse me while I don’t hold my breath waiting on that patch to arrive.

2 Likes

No, we don’t. We can voice or concerns, and desires, and then weigh our fun against our time in the game, and decide if we want to stay. That doesn’t involve ‘just accepting’ things, it means having fun, in spite of things we might not like…or not, and moving on.

2 Likes

I agree with you on this. EHG has, in the past, simply said they don’t want to do something and the players made them reconsider things.
For example, in the latest Mike stream he said, regarding LP in lootfilter, that “community persistance can often bring about change, sometimes” when previously this answer was just a simple “No”.

If it’s something that’s actually core to their game idea and that is divisive to players, like instant respecs, you can expect that to stay in the game and you should make your decision on whether this is a game for you or not based on that.

But smaller QoL stuff like this has a much higher chance of being changed. Especially this issue, because almost no one actually enjoys this. Most players, especially the ones that have been playing the longest, have just accepted it into their gameplay and mostly ignore it. But I don’t think anyone actually likes it.

So yes, keep voicing your opinions, though it would be more effective to simply keep the older threads alive. The ones with lots of votes. New threads tend to have less community interaction and less votes and make it feel like it’s a non-issue over time.

5 Likes

Yeah. It’s no fun rehashing the same arguments over and over again. If there’s a thread, add your 2 cents (or less) to the end… or just upvote it, if you have nothing new to offer the conversation.

3 Likes

I like this and would extend the system to include keys.

1 Like