I lost an entire toon and all tabs

While playing arena I got kicked out of the game and my PC randomly restarted. When I logged back in my newest, and my new main, toon was completely erased and ALL of my gear tabs, as in ALL of my gear tabs with ALL of my gear and everything I have cultivated over all the time I have played for ALL of my toons was GONE. If anyone knows if there is a fix for this please let me know. Otherwise I am out literal hundreds of hours worth of effort.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles…

There are various possibilities here…

All savegames/files are stored locally on your machine. Any incident on your local machine could affect your characters/stash and progress. EHG currently has no copy or access to any of your savegames/files.

On windows the files are in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games

If the game was accessing the savegame files/ stash file when you had this crash, then its very possible that the files are corrupted and cannot be opened by the game on restart.

If you were using Steam Cloud Saves and either the game or Steam crashed / was not closed properly, then sometimes Steam itself will mess up the sync process and remove files or override files with corrupted ones. This is even worse if you are actively using Steam on multiple computers - the sync can mess up and use the wrong system as the primary.

Unless you manually made backups of your savegames etc (something I do with all beta/early access games) then your options are limited.

Firstly, you can try and see if the backup of the savegame files still works - these are suffixed with _temp in filename in the Saves folder… You can try swapping the normal one with the _temp version (just rename accordingly) to see if the game will recognise or open the files…

Secondly, if you are using Steam Cloud saves, you can try logging into Steam via a webbrowser and checking your remote Storage to see if Steam still has copies of the older savegames that you can restore.

Longshot lastly, if the files actually dont exist in your Saves folder anymore - i.e. they are gone, not corrupted, then you could try to restore the files using an undelete type tool… Highly unlikely this will work/even be appropriate to try…

If none of these options work, and you dont have any manual/automated backups on your own system to use, then I am sorry to say that your savegames/stash are gone and no-one can help you.

EDIT: If your game is crashing often then you might want to open another thread and post your player.log/le_graphicsmanager.ini and the output of a dxdiag report to see if there is a reason for it/or make the game more stable.

Well, it looks like I am just completely out of luck. The entire toon, all of my tabs along with all of my gear, and even all 3 million of my money over my almost 300 hours of play are all gone. I made no manual backups, and all of the fixes you suggested are a no go. It was the single crash, and that alone makes me want to just back the heck out until this kind of thing can be fixed no matter whether it is “my” fault or not. Thank you so very much for your reply and trying to help me. It looks like you aren’t even an employee of the company which makes this even more crazy. Lesson learned I guess, and I won’t be logging in again until I know this really good game that just made me want to punch my monitor is out of beta. I am beyond bummed but…beta, I guess? Anyway, thanks again for your help and going out of your way to respond. It is more than appreciated.

Sorry about this… I understand your frustration… Its happened to me on beta games before (and even other beta apps) so I am used to manually backing things up as I now expect them to fail catastrophically at some point. LE has been kind to me so far (touch wood) on my 1500+ hours of play…

On a happier note, when they launch Multiplayer, then you will have the option of online play with savegames on EHG servers so if crashes do happen, your characters/stash would be stored by EHG online - obiviously it would still be able to happen on the offline characters but it will be an option.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.