Hungering Souls homing

I’ve been playing a lot of Hungering Souls lately, and the homing on the souls will often cause them to stop flying towards distant mobs and circle back around to keep aiming for an enemy that is already possessed. If a single enemy rushes towards me, I am unable to hit any distant enemies until the one nearby enemy is dead, despite having a bunch of extra projectiles that should be able to keep going.

It’s most noticeable when fighting the Eternal Empire, as groups of archers will stand completely untouched while my souls circle the assassins coming at me one at a time. The problem is especially bad if you take any of the extra projectile nodes, or Dominion of Undeath, which will often result in 6 or 8 of your 10 souls circling the same enemy uselessly.

I understand if it’s not a priority at the moment, but hopefully by release the souls will no longer consider possessed mobs valid targets, and instead seek out other enemies. If the coding for this is difficult, causing the souls to track in a 270° angle instead of 360° should fix the majority of cases, as the rest of the souls do correctly pass through the target once the first soul connects, it’s just that they keep circling back around. This would also fix the cases where the souls sometimes prioritize enemies behind me instead of the ones in the direction I’m aiming.

1 Like

Yeah, their AI certainly needs to be sorted out. I don’t mind them not being able to shotgun, but they should at least have some “intelligent” target acquisition. Or let the hits shotgun but the DoTs not stack.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.