[Hungering Soul - Vengeful Soul] Error in the tooltip or Bug?

Well, I was wondering how to build around [Chtonic Fissure - Beacon of Torment] (Spirits now hit you - Gain added spell damage + Endurance Threshold that stack). So the idea behind this was to trigger [Hungering Soul - Vengeful Soul] (% chance to Cast when Hit) but it doesn’t works. It doesn’t specify enemy hits (like in [Aura of Decay - Loathing] → % chance to afflict Marked for Death on Attackers). I didn’t test [Aura of Decay - Feast of Soul] (% chance to Cast Soul Feast on Hit) but it should works the same.

I don’t know if it’s bug or intended because I don’t think we had a way to get a proper hit by yourselves previously but I could be wrong.

Anyway, even without this ‘technical issue’ this wouldn’t actually works anyway because the Spirits aren’t homing you like I think it would do. They keep missing you if you just run around. So you NEED to stay still if you want them to hit you. Probably best for a Channeling Build but I don’t like them so I will drop the idea all together. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh too bad they aren’t homing you… Maybe use this and use ghostflame on top, with reduced dmg taken nodes etc. ?

Anyway, i think it’s an oversight, and maybe you could fill a bug in game so they will eventually deal with it. I feel like there’s not much going on here lately.

Well, I got curious. I’m still currently in the campaign (almost at the Final Fight with Snake Goddess) but with REALLY crappy equipment I almost facetanked Sea God.

Sitting around 2,5k to 3k Ward while Channeling with 4,5k Dodge rating converted to armor. Btw, the conversion doesn’t actually show in the Character Stat but it does work at least.

But you need a lot of Mana Regen “trick” to keep the channeling almost always up.

→ Physical Conversion to be able to Cast Marrow Shards while channeling. And Specialized Marrow Shards with 40% Marrow orb chance that have 33% chance to give you 15 mana (approximately 13% chance to happen).

→ Obviously, the -70% channel cost from the tree + don’t take any fancy upgrade like moving while channeling (you cannot choose to not move with this node taken) or the Circle Upgrade.

→ Specialized Wandering Spirit with Mana Gain when Spirits expire. I tried the Channeling version but it’s really awkward to use and nothing like the Focus Skill from Mage Class. Would have been better if it was at Spirit Reveal but anyway as a regular spell it does give enough mana and do actually do some decent damage. BUT I’m wondering if Transplant +30 mana on use is not better at doing this job.

→ Node in the Passive Warlock Tree (13 mana on hitting cursed enemies). The Screech from Ghostflame to help here.

And even with all of that, I can be out of mana if I just sit for around 30s to 45s with regular Fissure casted. It isn’t happening while clearing (Marrow trigger more if you hit multiple enemies + a lot more of down time).

So, survivability is great. Mana management is feasible. As for the Damage I’m not quite convinced yet. Like I said I have crappy equipment and I don’t have the double fissure yet (I was taking the Torment duration upgrade that also scale with the buff duration). But the damage aren’t that crazy. Well, I’m probably also influenced by my Falconer here who were doing 15k-20k damage with the same crappy equipment… It literally ruined my perception of some thing I think. :stuck_out_tongue: