How to Not Die in Last Epoch

There’s only one build that can solo ubers in D2. No matter how much gear you have. And even if you get the gear for that build, the majority of players will still die in that fight. Because you need more than gear, you really do need skill.

To put it in perspective, if you have 0 skill, even if you have the best gear, you will die to random trash mobs. So you need skill to play the game.

Some games/goals have different requirements of minimum skill you need, but you always need a minimum of skill. And the further you go into endgame, the more skill you need.

It’s a skill issue. Skilled players pick up crappy builds and do Ubers in PoE all the time. Skilled players do naked no hit runs in Dark Souls games all the time. They don’t need gear.
Gear is only there to bridge the gap between your skill level and the fight’s difficulty.

With enough skill, you can clear the whole game, including T4 Julra, with just your starting weapon and just using default attack.
Much like in D2 there is a long standing tradition of making naked runs, where you don’t use any gear at all and clear hell difficulty. Necros were masters at this.

That is wildly inaccurate. Every class can solo Ubers and some classes have multiple builds.

Heck Cooley just set the record on Ubers with a sub 2 min kill on a Barb as a skill challenge.

Nope and we aren’t looking for that type of game. That is a souls type game. We don’t want skill checks, we want “gear” checks. We want to hunt for loot and attain even greater power to 1 shot mobs for more loot. If your build dies that is a gear check in this genre. Maybe some 2-3 LP items will do the trick and fix your build.

Your post are getting crazier and crazier. I’m not sure if you are trolling or not.

Thankfully this isn’t a skill based game. This is a gear based game. We log in for the gear and to make powerful builds with that gear to then find more gear. You are just wrong on multiple levels. I just can’t anymore good day. You either understand or you don’t. Good luck.

In D2R maybe, since they upped the power creep. In LoD, only smiters could.

No, any game. If you have 0 skill and 0 aptitude for computer games, even simple games will stump you. I’ve seen people struggle with the first level of super mario and not be able to progress.
This was an extreme example to show that games require skill. Some require more skill than others, but they all require skill. And if you have more skill, you can make do with less gear.

It takes skill to dodge enemy attacks and attack back. It takes skill to queue your skills properly. Etc.
Why do you think 1 button builds are so popular? Because many people don’t want to develop that skill.

Every thread you’re in, youre making sweeping generalizations like as if everybody else is the same as you.

You need to realize that players are wildly different in this game and learn to speak only for yourself.

I don’t play this game to pick up loot. Loot to me is a merely means to an end. Never the goal itself. Speak for yourself homie.

2 Likes

This thread reminds me of all the posts about how hard Lagon is.

Most people’s problem with bosses (and Lagon in particular) is that they do this:

Hold Rightclick…dead

Instead of this:
move-move-move-move-move-move-right click one time

1 Like

That’s probably because you weren’t paying attention. Which is fine, I can massively misread posts sometimes.

If aRPG bosses weren’t supposed to be skill-based then they wouldn’t have mechanics that you coiuld avoid through skillful play, they’d just have fullscreen attacks that you either survived or didn’t based on your gear/stats. Does that sound like the PoE bosses? While I’m sure you can brute force them, my understanding is that one should generally do most of the mechanics. Unless all of the streamers that do them are just scrubs playing zDPS builds “for the lulz” & have yet to out-gear the pinnacle bosses.

They are, but the bosses generally have mechanics to do as well. It’s not an either-or situation.

Let me know how that works out for you when they nerf the ward from HH.

Cool story bro.

1 Like